Building the ULTIMATE Racing Setup!

CPotter

Ultimate racing setup, not using a VR headset... not sure about this one.

12 minutes ago, Lil_Pecky said:

Not everything is better in VR, ain't no way I'm doing a 24 hour race with a VR headset.

-things that won't be said post Varjo Aero release....  screen door effect and subpar resolutions are about to be a thing of the past.

I love the sim-racing, but in my third world country that setup would have the cost of a new car. I worked 4 months to buy just one Logitech steering wheel plus shifter, but I was able to test a dbox simulator in a retail store, and the experience is amazing. I hope one day I can afford something like this.

35 minutes ago, Pedro a.k.a Tio_MOD said:

I love the sim-racing, but in my third world country that setup would have the cost of a new car. I worked 4 months to buy just one Logitech steering wheel plus shifter, but I was able to test a dbox simulator in a retail store, and the experience is amazing. I hope one day I can afford something like this.

Oh man you have a logitech steering wheel?  I've been saving for a year for that.   I wish I could afford it.

Trouble with having 3 monitors like that is ideally each monitor should have its own render port.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

adjusting title to "building the ultimate WORKOUT setup", as Jake looks at his coworkers getting punished by the "wheel à la diablo".

Thanks to the person who posted the links but lets say I'm a complete noob and wanted to build this setup. What's the parts list and total cost?

I am not even that much into racing wheels, but I would love to try that setup. I bet it sounds amazing too.

I bought a Logitech G920 in 2018 and barely used it because I find driving with a controller easier, especially when I play online. But those wheels are still fun to use because they are a challenge on their own.

By the way, I hate how almost all the racing sims have bad graphics.

Even those not into sim racing ..or racing game in general, wouldnt turn down a setup like that.

20 years ago I used to play racing games, i enjoyed them, so i have no doubt if som1 said they we're giving away a 20 grand racing sim setup and asked me if I want it? ..i'd jump at it.

That said there is 1 thing i'd change ..or rather ..3 ...i'd swap out the LCD TVs for OLED, clearer motion.

The other sim setup i wouldnt turn down is a 'Mech' sim for Mechwarrior games. It basically uses flight sim gear (jet fighter aircraft not commercial), but with the haptic feedback for a big stompy mechs, every step being felt, every impact of weapon fire shaking you.

Though in either case u have to ask urself ...VR headset and head tracking ..or surround screens ? ..hmmm

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Gotta love the amount of VR sweats in this thread.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

5 hours ago, nhand42 said:

Thanks to the person who posted the links but lets say I'm a complete noob and wanted to build this setup. What's the parts list and total cost?

If they went for the 3" hydraulic legs, those alone (according to their website) is almost $30,000 USD I would say that with some rough napkin math,  that entire setup was close to $40,000 USD

If they went for just the 1" legs, it would be close to around $20,000... but TBH. this is rough estimations. 

17 hours ago, SolarNova said:

head tracking ..or surround screens

You can have both with the Track IR. I've used one for the last few years. Arma 3, car games, DCS world, FS2020 etc. Fairly cheap, works off IR so no cameras. A ton of games support it as well. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

After months of sourcing parts I finally built my Sim racing PC and go to order a Fanatec setup only to see delays of late February which definitely let the wind out of my sails. This happened on Sunday and LTT posts this video which I watched immediately and was immediately frustrated with it. Where Jake setup the racing setup sure doesn’t seem like it’s a permanent setup and they received so much more than needed (extra wheels, reviewed the CSL DD not long ago). It just bummed me out that I’m waiting another couple months while all this gear is at LTT and who’s using it or is it going to collect dust? It’s none of my business, if LTT wants to spend money this way or work with vendors on a video and they send/discount gear for them it’s their business decision to make.  I’ll be here waiting patiently until 🤞early march for my Fanatec order to arrive.