Help with Odyssey G7

Rothhaus

Hi
I recently bought this monitor and I did some research on it before buying obviously, I read that flickering was a big problem but that it could be fixed with the latest firmware update from samsung. I've now noticed that the monitor instead of flickering gives me some weird random black lines every so often. Its a bit hard to explain but ive found this video on youtube that shows the problem. Sadly I cant return it since its been over 14 days since I bought it. Does anyone know why the monitor does this? It happens really often and is so annoying to look at, I did not expect this from samsung. Things I've tried - using a different display port cable, enable/disable gsync and updating the firmware.

Setting the screen to 144hz seems to fix the problem, but I payed for 240hz so I should be able to use it problem free.

Have you tried another cable. Included cable might not be of good quality.

And are you serious about the 14 days? Warranty should be at least 1 year.

But then not every government is there for the actual people.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

27 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Have you tried another cable. Included cable might not be of good quality.

And are you serious about the 14 days? Warranty should be at least 1 year.

But then not every government is there for the actual people.

Yeah I tried another cable, and what I meant with the 14 days was the right of return or whatever its called, you can buy something test it for 14 days and return it if you dont like it, I still have 2 years warranty.

On 12/24/2021 at 4:41 PM, Rothhaus said:

Hi
I recently bought this monitor and I did some research on it before buying obviously, I read that flickering was a big problem but that it could be fixed with the latest firmware update from samsung. I've now noticed that the monitor instead of flickering gives me some weird random black lines every so often. Its a bit hard to explain but ive found this video on youtube that shows the problem. Sadly I cant return it since its been over 14 days since I bought it. Does anyone know why the monitor does this? It happens really often and is so annoying to look at, I did not expect this from samsung. Things I've tried - using a different display port cable, enable/disable gsync and updating the firmware.

try resetting the monitor and unplug from power

edit power plans put display never sleep