No video output on a new ryzen 5 5600x (solved)

WaffleBoi
Go to solution Solved by WaffleBoi,
On 12/23/2021 at 3:37 PM, WaffleBoi said:

so, i upgraded my cpu from a ryzen 3 3200g to a ryzen 5 5600x i have a 1050 ti installed for graphics, i changed nothing but the cpu, when i turn the pc on all the lights turn on and fans spin but i get no video output, i checked with my old cpu and it boots fine, my mobo is a b450mh which i HAVE updated to the most recent bios so it supports 5000 series, it was installed properly and after looking at it i see no bent pins, is it just a doa cpu? or is there something else i could try?

oops sorry for not updating this, it ended up working after updating bios again, even though my version wa supposed to support ryzen 5000 according to manufacutrers website, also, i'm new, this is literally my first post, should i delete it? whats the ettiquette here?

so, i upgraded my cpu from a ryzen 3 3200g to a ryzen 5 5600x i have a 1050 ti installed for graphics, i changed nothing but the cpu, when i turn the pc on all the lights turn on and fans spin but i get no video output, i checked with my old cpu and it boots fine, my mobo is a b450mh which i HAVE updated to the most recent bios so it supports 5000 series, it was installed properly and after looking at it i see no bent pins, is it just a doa cpu? or is there something else i could try?

Edited by WaffleBoi

Did you clear CMOS?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

13 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Did you clear CMOS?

Agreed!

OP I know you said you get no display but have you checked your motherboards debug LED's? Does it indicate that it halts on CPU during post? Have you tried booting up the system with 1 DIMM to see if perhaps it's a RAM compatibility issue? Double check using your old CPU that your BIOS updated successfully. Some boards have dual bios so in the event something happens with one, you have the ability to use the other.

15 hours ago, westy404040 said:

update bios?edit: sorry didn’t see the part you updated bios

Yea most likely this

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 3:37 PM, WaffleBoi said:

oops sorry for not updating this, it ended up working after updating bios again, even though my version wa supposed to support ryzen 5000 according to manufacutrers website, also, i'm new, this is literally my first post, should i delete it? whats the ettiquette here?

2 hours ago, WaffleBoi said:

you can just mark your answer as the solution... this or similar problems keep coming up, it might help others .

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity