finally got a rtx 3060 :( cant install drivers

kyliechan

so i finally got a evga rtx 3060 (brand new from evga) and cant seem to get the drivers working first i kept getting this error 981128521_gpuerror.jpg.8f1edc10ff07d87a8e715358f8ddaa38.jpg then after trying to uninstall the old drivers and reinstall the new one i kept getting stuck on a gray boot screen till i could finally get it into safemode and do a system restore (wouldnt even load into safemore). anyone have any ideas of what i can do?

2 minutes ago, Viper9 said:

Try uninstalling the drivers with DDU in safe mode. 

Actually just tried that and then reinstalled crashed mid install and now Everytime I boot up it runs for a few mins then I get this error

PXL_20211223_005633540.jpg

4 minutes ago, kyliechan said:

Actually just tried that and then reinstalled crashed mid install and now Everytime I boot up it runs for a few mins then I get this error

Honestly at this point, often it's way easier to simply reinstall Windows and save yourself an headache. 

Just to be sure to have a backup of your important files before doing so. 

3 minutes ago, Viper9 said:

Honestly at this point, often it's way easier to simply reinstall Windows and save yourself an headache. 

Just to be sure to have a backup of your important files before doing so. 

That's what I was debating on I've been thinking about a fresh install anyways 

8 minutes ago, kyliechan said:

That's what I was debating on I've been thinking about a fresh install anyways 

Doing a reset now will reply back with results

Ok so I have did a reset (wiped the OS while leaving files) successfully got it to run through the driver setup with no crash then seemed fine then all of a sudden somethink like the desktop manager something was using 50-60% of the gpu and maxing the fans out. Tried a fix I found for that and then started getting the blue screen errors again. So I have just now used ddu again in safe mode the. Reinstalled driver's in safe mode and as soon as I load chrome it crashes the system

All this work and I think it turned out to be my lousey vertical mount with it's pcie3.0 riser card 🤦‍♀️. After all this can someone atleast confirm I'm right in the fact that thinking back I've heard there's an issue using a 3.0 riser on a 4.0 board for a 4.0 card? I swear I heard jay at jays2cents mention that once

Enter the motherboard BIOS and set the PCI-e slot from auto to PCI-e3.0.

What motherboard and CPU?