HELP Choosing Font For Design

Ya_Mi

Hello community, i was wondering if you could suggest me a font style that looks good on every background/style. Because i got this request from my clients to make 30 quote poster. I sent 10 sample, and he only picked one which is the most simple to make and i thought, well this is good, easier for me.

So i made another 10 with his requirements, but he said i should've just use one font style only. And i am like, what? This is the most ridiculous requirement ever because i have to make 30 of em with the same font style and i am sure you already know that the font has to follow the background in order to match.

I mean, its not a problem for me but to me personally, it looks so ugly because i am not allowed to use semi transparent black/white rectangle behind the text either. Its gonna look like some junior high school student who just made it.

What do you think? Because i've explained to him the correlation between the font style and the background but he insisted.

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

-> Moved to Off Topic

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, Ya_Mi said:

What do you think? Because i've explained to him the correlation between the font style and the background but he insisted.

I think you should fire your customer. They're coming to you expecting expertise. So if they're not willing to listen to said expertise, why bother with the headache of trying to make them understand? If they want something ugly, let them make it themselves. In graphic design your product is also your advertisement. And if someone asks them who designed their terrible posters and they namedrop you, guess who ain't coming to you to design stuff for them. Sometimes it's better to just drop a client instead of wanting to please them at all cost.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

On 12/21/2021 at 8:04 PM, Avocado Diaboli said:

I think you should fire your customer. They're coming to you expecting expertise. So if they're not willing to listen to said expertise, why bother with the headache of trying to make them understand? If they want something ugly, let them make it themselves. In graphic design your product is also your advertisement. And if someone asks them who designed their terrible posters and they namedrop you, guess who ain't coming to you to design stuff for them. Sometimes it's better to just drop a client instead of wanting to please them at all cost.

That's what i am afraid of yeah you're absolutely right. And yes i've turned him down yesterday because i just can't risk it.

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.