Are there any decent phones with a keyboard left?

MG2R

They were objective

• key switches fail -> true, I've never had a switch fail withing 5 years, though
  • key switches lose tactility -> never had ANY problems with this whatsoever
  • keyboard shortcuts are arbitrary and cumbersome -> this is completely subjective

• auto-correction is terrible -> auto-correction can be just as advanced on software, as on hardware keyboards. Difference is that it doesn't need to be as advanced on hardware keyboards because people type less errors on hardware keyboards.

• complete lack of prediction -> again, like auto-correction, prediction isn't at all related to the nature of the keyboard

• keys are either to small in order to separate themselves from each other, or keys are too close when trying to increase key surface area -> this is completely subjective, both the E71 and the Q10 have EXCELLENT keyboards, both in key size as in key shape

• overall slower due to gesture typing being on software keyboards -> eh, haven't ever been faster on touch than on hardware.

I think your length and range of experience with software keyboards is too limited to rule them out as worse

Well, I've been FORCED to use touch for a month. Still didn't like it.

OP, sorry bro, but you just need to suck it up and get used to a touchscreen like everyone else.

Nope, I will NOT. I'd rather use a completely outdated phone than use a fully touch keyboard.

Anyways, yes, I get it. The phone I'm looking for isn't available, I'll just have to live with that wisdom.

• key switches fail -> true, I've never had a switch fail withing 5 years, though
  • keyboard shortcuts are arbitrary and cumbersome -> this is completely subjective

• auto-correction is terrible -> auto-correction can be just as advanced on software, as on hardware keyboards. Difference is that it doesn't need to be as advanced on hardware keyboards because people type less errors on hardware keyboards.

• complete lack of prediction -> again, like auto-correction, prediction isn't at all related to the nature of the keyboard

• keys are either to small in order to separate themselves from each other, or keys are too close when trying to increase key surface area -> this is completely subjective, both the E71 and the Q10 have EXCELLENT keyboards, both in key size as in key shape

• overall slower due to gesture typing being on software keyboards -> eh, haven't ever been faster on touch than on hardware.

Nope, I will NOT. I'd rather use a completely outdated phone than use a fully touch keyboard.

Anyways, yes, I get it. The phone I'm looking for isn't available, I'll just have to live with that wisdom.

You can have my phone if you want...

lg-rumor-2-full-3.jpg

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

The HTC Desire Z, it has a keyboard and you can probably find a dual sim adapter for it.

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

They were objective, but if you want to deny them to make yourself feel better, that's your choice. If physical keyboards were really better there'd be a lot of them based on demand, but there arent. They are dead. Sorry, the phone you want doesn't exist. I think your length and range of experience with software keyboards is too limited to rule them out as worse. Good luck!...

+1

OP, sorry bro, but you just need to suck it up and get used to a touchscreen like everyone else.

Disclaimer: I've used two physical keyboard phones and that's it, liked it but now an all touch guy. Galaxy S4, now a Note 3

You guys are basically saying on-screen touch keyboard > mechanical physical keyboards for PC's.

Same logic, sure they are better in most things on touchscreen phones, but I typing on a physical button has it's merits, you also get a tactile response, I believe you take the fastest phone typer, have him type on a mechanical keyboard and a touchscreen one, no software advantage, error correction, gesture based, he will be faster on the physical one.

I am with you on this.. I've been using touch for over two years now and i still don't like it. Especially the way the on screen keyboard pops up and hides half the screen :/

My Xperia X1 had the best phone keyboard i have ever used. And i still miss the hell out of that thing  :(

XperiaX1_h_zpsed6b9d20.jpg

It also came with solitaire.. Best phone ever...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Dual sim and qwerty hmm,

I beleive samsung has one but it's a european model

Look for china phones.

I live in Belgium

Does it absolutely have to have Dual Sim? 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I live in Belgium

Ah didn't know that my best option would be the:

Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-B5512

Or the newer Galaxy chat B5330

They are qwerty and the first one has dual sim

Does it absolutely have to have Dual Sim? 

Well, if it doesn't have dual sim, there would be no point in changing from my Q10.

Ah didn't know that my best option would be the:

Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-B5512

That actually could be what I'm looking for, still have to check it out further, though. Thanks!

Well, if it doesn't have dual sim, there would be no point in changing from my Q10.

That actually could be what I'm looking for, still have to check it out further, though. Thanks!

Best I could find my uncle has the Galaxy Y duo.

Ther aren't many options with your needs, (some hard to get nokia ones with no functionallity or chines ones)