this Boiling Liquid goes in your MONITOR - Nanosys Facility Tour

James

Buy Samsung 32" Odyssey G7 Curved Gaming Monitor
On Amazon: https://geni.us/wZGJ2b
On Best Buy: https://geni.us/BasHQ
On Newegg: https://geni.us/pB6v

It's not a microbrewery, it's the Nanosys manufacturing facility where quantum dots are made! James takes on a tour of the chemical reactors and cool color science that are creating industry leading HDR experiences on our TVs and monitors.

This is the kind of content I'd like to see more off.

Good thing they didn't send Linus there. He'd just drop stuff all over 😛

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Loved this video. QDs and materials chemistry as a whole is so interesting, even if it's not the specialty I ultimately chose.

James, everyone's first time in the glove box is a doozy. You got it exactly right, though - one arm in to pop out the other glove, then the second arm goes right in.

Now try pipetting solutions into air-tight tubes with those gloves on and you have my work in a nutshell. 😍

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

So if we drink it? we will become RGB? No wonder LTT was able to get inside.

Also nice video.

So this is what the stuff that was talked about. Like the future samsung QD plans?

Also for QD is a nice term, but hopefully they are not going to mix the many terms with OLED and "different tech".

Like a filter with a "QD-ish" similarity and price but not the same. Hope they do state the real spec of their panels with the brands that will sell it.

17 hours ago, James Evens said:

If you see a pristine fume hood without any kind of sharpie markings on it it is fake/staged.

Me, with a fume hood that has Sharpie sketches from over a year ago:

feel guilty Blank Template - Imgflip

Strangely enough, I'm the only one in my lab who does do Sharpie sketches on a regular basis.

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

I love this type of content, absolutely fascinated in future technology

• 5 weeks later...

I love that you are doing factory tours again. I realize that this might have been a limitation imposed upon you, but the structure if the video didn't really take advantage of the fact that you were on location. You were in one spot, talked a bit, then cut to another place. It didn't literary take us through the process and you didn't point things out, just talked about them. If that wasn't a choice of direction, but requirement from the company, please disregard this feedback 🙂 .