DayZ has turned me into a monster...

OnCue

Last week I decided to buy DayZ because all of my friends were playing it and I needed something new to play. I didn't have the chance to play it until today, and well, here's my story.

-So this morning I got on DayZ with a new spawn, I was with my crew on Skype and they told me to head out to the Belota airfield where they had just recently killed 3 people who were full of gear. Me being new to the game, I had no clue what to expect, where I was going or who I would encounter...

So I ran... And ran... And ran... Through towns, forests, roads, for what frankly seemed like an eternity.

About a half hour into my journey I stumbled across a young man who called himself Jonathan. Jonathan was an Asian man wearing a raggedy baseball cap, blue jeans and a green T-Shirt. It was obvious he was also a fresh spawn. He told me he was also headed to Belota so I asked him to join me in my journey.

As we passed through Kamishobo I asked him why he was heading to the airfield with so little gear, it turns out that Jonathan was murdered there minutes before. I thought nothing of it at the time and we continued through the countryside, slowly accumulating gear until we were both actually capable of defending ourselves.

As we continued on, Jonathan started pouring out his life story to me, telling me about where he lived (about 10 minutes from me, ironically), his hobbies and his personal life. He then asked for my snapchat, that was the point that I decided that Jonathan was not the person I though he was, and that he must die.

As we passed through a police station in Cherno, I spotted a pair of handcuffs and plotted Jon's demise.

We finally reached Belota, both decked out with guns, helmets, backpacks and enough food to feed a family for a week. I spotted my friends down the runway as Jonathan followed, thinking he had made a new great friend. I finally reached my friend Ryan, and I turned to Jonathan saying "This experience has been excellent, and I think we should get married.". He quickly accepted, and as Ryan performed our sermon, a gunshot rang out from further down the runway.

Jonathan dropped to the ground.

I quickly ran over and handcuffed him, telling him to stay calm if he wanted to live. My cousin Tad, Jonathan's attacker came over, telling Jon that he was going to ask 10 questions, and if he answered 6 correctly, he would survive. Ryan then walked over, and force fed bleach to our prisoner.

To make a long story short, Jonathan answered only 2 questions correctly and was brutally murdered with an axe at 3pm on April 12, 2014.

R.I.P Jonathan

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

Last week I decided to buy DayZ because all of my friends were playing it and I needed something new to play. I didn't have the chance to play it until today, and well, here's my story.

-So this morning I got on DayZ with a new spawn, I was with my crew on Skype and they told me to head out to the Belota airfield where they had just recently killed 3 people who were full of gear. Me being new to the game, I had no clue what to expect, where I was going or who I would encounter...

So I ran... And ran... And ran... Through towns, forests, roads, for what frankly seemed like an eternity.

About a half hour into my journey I stumbled across a young man who called himself Jonathan. Jonathan was an Asian man wearing a raggedy baseball cap, blue jeans and a green T-Shirt. It was obvious he was also a fresh spawn. He told me he was also headed to Belota so I asked him to join me in my journey.

As we passed through Kamishobo I asked him why he was heading to the airfield with so little gear, it turns out that Jonathan was murdered there minutes before. I thought nothing of it at the time and we continued through the countryside, slowly accumulating gear until we were both actually capable of defending ourselves.

As we continued on, Jonathan started pouring out his life story to me, telling me about where he lived (about 10 minutes from me, ironically), his hobbies and his personal life. He then asked for my snapchat, that was the point that I decided that Jonathan was not the person I though he was, and that he must die.

As we passed through a police station in Cherno, I spotted a pair of handcuffs and plotted Jon's demise.

We finally reached Belota, both decked out with guns, helmets, backpacks and enough food to feed a family for a week. I spotted my friends down the runway as Jonathan followed, thinking he had made a new great friend. I finally reached my friend Ryan, and I turned to Jonathan saying "This experience has been excellent, and I think we should get married.". He quickly accepted, and as Ryan performed our sermon, a gunshot rang out from further down the runway.

I quickly ran over and handcuffed him, telling him to stay calm if he wanted to live. My cousin Tad, Jonathan's attacker came over, telling Jon that he was going to ask 10 questions, and if he answered 6 correctly, he would survive. Ryan then walked over, and force fed bleach to our prisoner.

To make a long story short, Jonathan answered only 2 questions correctly and was brutally murdered with an axe at 3pm on April 12, 2014.

R.I.P Jonathan

Haha yeah, I call this game "The Morality Testing Engine". It can turn good guys into monsters, and monsters into helping hands.

I laughed out loud a little bit. Thanks for the read.  :)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Great roleplaying, if only I had the money for DayZ :/

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

"As we continued on, Jonathan started pouring out his life story to me, telling me about where he lived (about 10 minutes from me, ironically), his hobbies and his personal life. He then asked for my snapchat, that was the point that I decided that Jonathan was not the person I though he was, and that he must die."

that-escalated-quickly-anchorman-gif.gif

Haha yeah, I call this game "The Morality Testing Engine". It can turn good guys into monsters, and monsters into helping hands.

I laughed out loud a little bit. Thanks for the read.  :)

That's pretty much the perfect description of it! I had a couple more moments like this today, it really brings out the worst in people haha.

I have done worse in DayZ, much worse. 

Great roleplaying, if only I had the money for DayZ :/

Thanks, let's just say my group pretty much spends all of our time on Gmod roleplay servers. Also the price is way too much for such a glitchy mess haha, I've been waiting for it to go on sale for months, but I decided to splurge cuz I was bored:P

I have done worse in DayZ, much worse.

I'm sure you have, now that I look back at it, it wasn't even that bad, it's just such an odd first impression of the game! Haha I can tell that this game is going to consume my life very soon...

I'm sure you have, now that I look back at it, it wasn't even that bad, it's just such an odd first impression of the game! Haha I can tell that this game is going to consume my life very soon...

Best things to do is ignore new spawns the more you kill the more cynical you will get. 

I havnt played dayz in months because I have no one to play with :(

He told you his address? That's wierd AF, I hope you didn't tell him your address or else he would...you know what...

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

I havnt played dayz in months because I have no one to play with :(

He told you his address? That's wierd AF, I hope you didn't tell him your address or else he would...you know what...

Yeah I was as vague as possible, I did tell him I had a werewolf fetish though... We'll see how this plays out.

I was at a police station near NEAF today and this unarmed guy came and said he was a friendly. Me, knowing the bandits that act like friendliies, shot him with my magnum, I later searched his body and found no gun, and I didn't give him a proper funeral either,

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Classic

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

R.I.P Jonathan

this sounds like the base for a DayZ Creepypasta...

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

Hahaha, that video is the perfect example of a usual game scenario in DayZ.

Yeah, if you haven't played this game (for whatever reason) you should literally either:

a] Go buy it right now. Like, NOW.

b] Give up on life.

It's $30 and when the game is released, you own it.. All for $30 and endless fun.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

I did something similar yesterday with a friend of mine. We were at the North-East Airfield, we had just come from Svetlojarsk, as we were walking past the hangars when I started getting shot at, so we retreated into the hangar nearest to the prison building (don't know what else to call it). My friend, armed with an SKS, tried to inch out and get a shot, but he was taken down with a headshot, I crept out to head around the back, he'd closed the doors to the building behind him, so I could get close enough without getting shot. I walked in, and he was upstairs. (I couldn't see him, but he could see me. 3PP and such, but I knew he was there).

I started talking to him through the mic, he didn't have one so he was typing. I convinced him that I was friendly, and that I forgave him for killing my friend, as there was two of us, and one of him. We holstered our weapons and we met upstairs. I had befriended the enemy. I told him to follow me so we can meet up with my respawned friend. Fast forward like an hour, and we're back at Svetlo looting and we decided to head north towards the map border, none of us had been there.

We got there, celebrated and ate food. We decided to fire off some shots. My friend's shot was aimed towards our new mate's head.

WolfEye, if by some chance you're reading. Sorry not sorry. You fucked with the wrong people. I won't KoS, but I'll fuck you over if you fuck with me ^_^ Hahahaha. I've been killed enough in that game to not care what happens.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I have to check this game out, I have been out of the loop lately. Sounds fun as hell.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

i want so bad, will one 780ti be good for 60 fps or more at ultra settings on 1080p??

i want so bad, will one 780ti be good for 60 fps or more at ultra settings on 1080p??

I don't know about that, the game is ridiculously un-optimized. I still run a GTX 550ti and get 30fps on medium @ just over 720p. I think you would probably get realistically close to 40 on ultra. I would google it though if you were really worried about it.

and this is what happens when you are too naive in Dayz(cant believe I let this happen to me after a hundred hours of playtime lol) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNBtH7Sf76E

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M