MSI B450I Repeating issue requiring cmos clear constantly

ThiccPug

Hi, Recently my PC will refuse to even turn on, giving no response when the power button is pressed, I can make it turn on by resetting CMOS but it is becoming very monotonous having to open the case, short the jumpers and reconfigure settings all the time. Any help would be extremely appreciated, thanks. This computer has had no issues before and this seems to have sprung out of nowhere. 

The PC has

R5 3400G

MSI B450I

16GB delta 3000mhz ram

Case and psu is InWin B1

Seagate compute 512GB NVMe SSD

Roses are red

the sky is blue,

So is your monitor, Your PC ran into a problem. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you : (

Cmos stores changes made to the bios. So something that affects the bios is the problem.  Maybe a reflash?  I notice this is an AMD machine.  AMD often needs to have its bios maintained at the newest release.  Do you have maybe an old bios?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Cmos stores changes made to the bios. So something that affects the bios is the problem.  Maybe a reflash?  I notice this is an AMD machine.  AMD often needs to have its bios maintained at the newest release.  Do you have maybe an old bios?

I will attempt to reflash it soon, thanks.

Roses are red

the sky is blue,

So is your monitor, Your PC ran into a problem. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you : (