Headphones with glasses

silberdrachi

Replacing my old cruddy headset with a pair of headphones and a mic. Can anyone recommend a good pair for 200ish (usd) that would have a not too high clamping force and weight?

Was looking at the HD588, V-MODA Crossfade LP, ATH-M50x, and Custom One Pro.

and then something like the modmic for microphone.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

my HD518's are very comfortable, and i where glasses so i would expect the HD558's would be even better for that

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

I own a pair of ATH-M50's and they're very comfortable with my glasses on. 

The AD-700X's fit your description pretty much perfectly. I'm not so sure that you would like the sound of them though as it seems that you were looking at pretty bass heavy headphones(besides the 588's). I have a pair of AD-700X's and they are extremely comfortable and I can put on glasses while I am wearing them very easily.

As for how they sound they are similar to the 588's, meaning very little bass so be aware of that. I mostly listen to Classical and metal though so they are perfect for that.

AKG q701 Are a bit over your price range. Or the k701. They are pretty similar but my glasses broke on one side but for the time i had my glasses they were very comfortable! Now they actually have just enough claping force to hold up the glasses with oly one side! But as for sound they are amazing for music and games alice. Very good sound stage so i can hear around in games like CS:GO without issues. They are very light on my head and if it were not for how absolutely huge they are on your head i would forget about them. ATH-M50x Seem great but I only tried them once. Ive heard some people complain about the clamping pressure with them but you can just mount them around a stack of textbooks and stretch them out. I would defiantly suggest the m50's because they don't really require an amp like the q701's might.

AKG q701 Are a bit over your price range. Or the k701. They are pretty similar but my glasses broke on one side but for the time i had my glasses they were very comfortable! Now they actually have just enough claping force to hold up the glasses with oly one side! But as for sound they are amazing for music and games alice. Very good sound stage so i can hear around in games like CS:GO without issues. They are very light on my head and if it were not for how absolutely huge they are on your head i would forget about them. ATH-M50x Seem great but I only tried them once. Ive heard some people complain about the clamping pressure with them but you can just mount them around a stack of textbooks and stretch them out. I would defiantly suggest the m50's because they don't really require an amp like the q701's might.

Yeah i dont think they headphones themselves are too expensive, but i would likely have to get an amp for it. I doubt my asrock board would be able to power them at a good quality.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Well i actually bought the asus xonar dg pci audio card for when i didn't have an amp and first bought my akgs. It does output a bit better audio for my headphones but my asus motherboard outputs kinda quite unless you crank it to 100. It is bearable until you can afford an amp. I just noticed and the q701 are exactly 200! I bought them for about 250 on amazon a couple months ago. And with the xonar i like to use it for dolby 7.1 headphone for games that don't support binaural to stereo headphones. The card is 27 USD now. But as for onboard it should be fine until you can get an amp or dac but the $27 doesn't hurt much for alot of features it packs. The ath m50s are great if you dont want to go through all of this trouble though

I've used a lot of headphones and the clamping pressure of all of them got to me in the beginning in all of them except the V3 modded Fostex from Mayflower. I actually never even thought of that until now. However, those Fostex are $240 and require an amp so it is probably out of your price range. Beyer's DT line is the next best thing but they need to be broken in. However, if you head isn't as big as mine, it might not be a problem. 

I have the V-moda LP and I wear glasses occasionally with them. it doesn't bother me a bit. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I have the V-moda LP and I wear glasses occasionally with them. it doesn't bother me a bit. 

The V-moda's pads were surprisingly very soft. My only problem with them are the cups are a bit small for my liking but they are a great value since you can get them for pretty cheap used.