Samsung 32' 4k Monitor 250 dollars Worth It?

paulyron

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-uj59-series-u32j590uqn-32-led-4-uhd-freesync-monitor-displayport-hdmi-dark-gray-blue/6293716.p?skuId=6293716

I bought this exact monitor before a while back and it was pretty good.  I paid like double the amount for it.  The thing is l'm in the US right now and I don't stay here that long.  But would you say buying this monitor at this price is definitely worth it?  I'm normally outside the US almost all year but those times I"m back in the US, I don't have access to a big monitor.  I have an old 24' 1900 x 1200 that I use temporary when I"m in the US. 

But this is a huge sale as normally its around 400 dollars normally.  But since its a huge sale and probably the lowest price I ever see, worth it to buy it even if you use it temporary?  The other question is this.  Now if you buy it and don't open it for a while, I got to assume if you were to sell it on ebay brand new, you not going to lose much money right if you sell it later on when there is no more sale?  I mean you might even make a few bucks on it?  I check ebay and people selling it used even cost more than this right now new.  I know people buy things online to flip and make money.  But would you say this is worth it to buy even if you use it only sparingly?  Thing is even if you use it for a bit and then later plan on selling it on ebay, you not going to lose much money from it right?  

A 4K/60 monitor still needs a fairly powerful graphics card to drive it (at 4K); I know as I bought a similar AOC monitor - by mistake - for a Vega 56... and it wasn't happy.

If you have something akin to a 2070/2080 or better, you should be OK...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

60Hz, VA.. good office/productivity display. I don't really know how to answer your questions but if you want a high resolution panel for cheap, this seems great. Not something I'd buy if I intended to play games.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/samsung/u32j590-uj59

According to rting, it doesn't seem to be a very good monitor. To be fair, it has pretty good performance in a lot of situation (good SDR coverage, certified G-sync compatible, not too slow overall response time etc.)

But it has pretty bad brightness and not that great of a viewing angle (which at 32 inch, does started to matter.) Also has pretty bad colour transition but that's to be expected of a VA panel so expect a bit of smearing and ghosting in dark mode. Not a bad buy if you're ok with those issues. 

Not a monitor I'd buy for gaming, but for everything else it seems like a good choice if you can live with the lower brightness. I know i could.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Well I mean buying it for use.  But it won't be primary use.  But surely if I sell it later on, i would get back decent money for it?  I mean the current price is probably the lowest i ever seen online ever for this one.  

14 hours ago, paulyron said:

Well I mean buying it for use.  But it won't be primary use.  But surely if I sell it later on, i would get back decent money for it?  I mean the current price is probably the lowest i ever seen online ever for this one.  

Sure, i'd say you should be able to sell it for at least $200 later. If anything you won't lose much money on it.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.