Some keys not working specifically wasd

dustycarrot

Hi please excuse missing letters because some of the keys arent working too well

https://www.dicksmith.co.nz/dn/buy/kogan-rgb-mechanical-keyboard-brown-switch/
I bought this keyboard about 2 months ago nd the wasd keys only work about 40% of the time. This strted happening around 3 days ago and I wanna try asking around before I try return it.

I tried to take the keycaps off and cleaning it but nothing changed.

ty

Hmmm.. I first have to say the company name gets bonus points from me.   The problem is if you bang a key hard enough it wears out.  Those keys are apparently  kogan browns.  I don’t know what it normally takes to wear out a key but no matter how hard you’ve been banging on them that kind of speed of degradation makes then underwhelming at best.  If the keys other than wasd are not bad, it’s very likely you may get a “normal wear and tear” return as those are the standard game movement keys. Switches on mechanical keyboards are supposed to be replaceable.  Might not be on this one, I don’t know.  If they are and you get refused a warranty repair (which I think would be plausible in this situation) you can just pull those switches and pop in new ones. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

30 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Hmmm.. I first have to say the company name gets bonus points from me.   The problem is if you bang a key hard enough it wears out.  Those keys are apparently  kogan browns.  I don’t know what it normally takes to wear out a key but no matter how hard you’ve been banging on them that kind of speed of degradation makes then underwhelming at best.  If the keys other than wasd are not bad, it’s very likely you may get a “normal wear and tear” return as those are the standard game movement keys. Switches on mechanical keyboards are supposed to be replaceable.  Might not be on this one, I don’t know.  If they are and you get refused a warranty repair (which I think would be plausible in this situation) you can just pull those switches and pop in new ones. 

alright thanks

my friend has the exact same keyboard but with blue switches he has had the keyboard for longer and he has had no problems 

13 minutes ago, dustycarrot said:

my friend has the exact same keyboard but with blue switches he has had the keyboard for longer and he has had no problems 

Might be time to contact the company. They might just send you out replacement switches and a puller or something. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.