Windows is using up almost all of my ram

Why is windows 10 taking up all of my computers ram? Its very annoying and hard to work on my pc because of this. Also what does it mean if Ram is Cashed and can It be cleared???image.png.b36810843b5ac12c7b35910bd5684a88.png

Cached means Windows is keeping stuff that is used a lot in RAM, so e.g. programs can start faster (rather than loading from disk, it's already there). However, it should make the RAM available to running applications when they need it. Otherwise, you want Windows to use it as a cache, since it should make the machine faster overall.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

You are not showing that windows is using your ram, you are just showing that half of your ram is used by something. Some of that ram usage will be windows, but you likely have other applications running as well. Go to the "processes" tab in your task manager and sort by memory and post that screenshot here. 

There aren't many subjects that benefit from binary takes on them in a discussion.

Just now, creesch said:

You are not showing that windows is using your ram, you are just showing that half of your ram is used by something. Some of that ram usage will be windows, but you likely have other applications running as well. Go to the "processes" tab in your task manager and sort by memory and post that screenshot here. 

Here is the image as requestedimage.thumb.png.e2f2ae8f76eb291251454bb6e1e7595c.png

Generally looks alright to me to be honest. Are you running into situations where RAM is an issue or are you just feeling that by default not that much ram should be used? Because the latter is a trap many people fall into but windows keeping stuff in RAM just means it can access it faster so actually works in favour of performance. 

There aren't many subjects that benefit from binary takes on them in a discussion.

1 minute ago, creesch said:

Generally looks alright to me to be honest. Are you running into situations where RAM is an issue or are you just feeling that by default not that much ram should be used? Because the latter is a trap many people fall into but windows keeping stuff in RAM just means it can access it faster so actually works in favour of performance. 

Yeah Im used to only seeing like 4 Gigs in use on this pc but after my pc did a windows update in the middle of the night the numbers skyrocketed and just using 3 apps would be using alot of ram so yeah maybe its just me idk