Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Having a weird issue with my SSD

Dwin
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Dwin,

I was able to update the SSD firmware here (https://www.gigabyte.com/ph/Solid-State-Drive/AORUS-NVMe-Gen4-SSD-1TB/support#support-dl-utility) and it seems to have fix the issue, SSD is now working again but not sure what caused the issue in the fist place, hopefully it wont reoccur.

I bought an AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 1TB last Dec.12, 2020 and it was working fine up until this morning when I tried to download a game on steam got the error Disk Write Error.

 

I tried restarting my PC and I was able to download the game but when I tried to download another game it did the same thing, I also tried to reseed the M.2 but still getting the same problem.

 

restarting my PC seems to make the SSD work for a while but it will suddenly run into the same problem, I also tried formatting it but still getting the same issue. 

 

I got Crystaldiskinfo and the SSD toolbox to record what's happening not sure what to do now 😞

 

any help or advice would be appreciated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If even formatting didn't help the drive is probably failing, would try it in another machine and if it's doing the same there hopefully you still have a warranty...

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX3080, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

 

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

 

GPD Win 2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

If even formatting didn't help the drive is probably failing, would try it in another machine and if it's doing the same there hopefully you still have a warranty...

Thank you for the advice sadly aside from my PC don't have any other device that I can test it with, I guess the only option I have is to get in touch with the store I bought it from regarding the warranty since the item is still covered for 2 Years Local Supplier Warranty

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

that 0f SMART parameter is the key. But it won't help identifying the problem
"Error Information Log is an internal function the firmware uses to log errors it has reported back to the host OS. Protocol errors, transmission failures, temperature throttle warnings, even informational stuff the firmware writes out; That sort of thing. It is not important (it's informational) and not considered by the drive to be indicative of any fault or failure condition."

So SSD is aware of the problems, but it's not certain it is the problem source, it could be the PCI-e problem (you didn't OC the PCI-e bus right?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2021 at 7:21 AM, kokosnh said:

that 0f SMART parameter is the key. But it won't help identifying the problem
"Error Information Log is an internal function the firmware uses to log errors it has reported back to the host OS. Protocol errors, transmission failures, temperature throttle warnings, even informational stuff the firmware writes out; That sort of thing. It is not important (it's informational) and not considered by the drive to be indicative of any fault or failure condition."

So SSD is aware of the problems, but it's not certain it is the problem source, it could be the PCI-e problem (you didn't OC the PCI-e bus right?)

no I haven't touched the PCI-e settings they were always on their default settings (Auto).
 

262773605_904508466840440_5263757219377310984_n.jpg

261673317_268951031770510_4994327525822022753_n.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

did the 0f SMART parameter value increased after the update?  Are you monitoring it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 3:02 AM, kokosnh said:

did the 0f SMART parameter value increased after the update?  Are you monitoring it?

not sure if it increased after the update but here is my current Crystaldiskinfo and the SSD toolbox stats.

 

Haven't experienced the issue again so I hope it stays that way

ssd toolbox.png

crystal disk + ssd toolbox.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×