Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Here's my planned RIG, tell me what you think.

 Share

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4
RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600 MHz DDR4 32GB (16GBx2) CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL (RED)
CPU: Intel core i7 12700KF
CPU COOLING: AORUS WATERFORCE X 360
PSU: Corsair RMX Series (2021), RM850x, 850 Watt, Gold, Fully Modular Power Supply (CP-9020200-NA)
CASE: CORSAIR 7000D AIRDLOW FULL-TOWER
GPU: GIGABYTE AORUS 3080 XTREME WATERFORCE
SSD: SAMSUNG 980PRO 1TB


Will obviously overclock to get max performance, especially for better gaming as I'm using the SAMSUNG ODESSEY G7 27" 1440P 240HZ monitor.
The only part that I'm not 100% happy with, is the case. I feel like it's too expensive although I really love it. (~$350 US in my country)
What pc case should I get instead? keep in mind I'll have to fit in 3080 xtreme waterforce with 240mm radiator plus 360mm radiator for case fans.
Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Elior said:

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4
RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600 MHz DDR4 32GB (16GBx2) CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL (RED)
CPU: Intel core i9 12700KF
CPU COOLING: AORUS WATERFORCE X 360
PSU: Corsair RMX Series (2021), RM850x, 850 Watt, Gold, Fully Modular Power Supply (CP-9020200-NA)
CASE: CORSAIR 7000D AIRDLOW FULL-TOWER
GPU: GIGABYTE AORUS 3080 XTREME WATERFORCE
SSD: SAMSUNG 980PRO 1TB


Will obsviously overclock to get max performance, especially for better gaming as I'm using the SAMSUNG ODESSEY G7 27" 1440P 240HZ monitor.
The only part that I'm not 100% happy with, is the case. I feel like it's too expensive although I really love it. (~$350 USD in my country)
What pc case should I get instead? keep in mind I have to my my 3080 xtreme waterforce with the 240mm radiator, and also fit in the 360mm radiator for case fans.
Thanks!

It might be good to go with a ddr5 mob and get 1 ddr5 stick now. But it gives u the option to upgrade to ddr5 when it becomes more mature ( without need for new mob) .

For the case will iam gonna say it its main stream (AF) for a reason  Lian-Li O11Dynamic great space. supports water cooling Well. have fans on the bottom to blow direct in gpu. It's a master piece  only issue is there are like 8 billion ppl who bought it ( soo common) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Elior said:

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4
RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600 MHz DDR4 32GB (16GBx2) CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL (RED)
CPU: Intel core i9 12700KF
CPU COOLING: AORUS WATERFORCE X 360
PSU: Corsair RMX Series (2021), RM850x, 850 Watt, Gold, Fully Modular Power Supply (CP-9020200-NA)
CASE: CORSAIR 7000D AIRDLOW FULL-TOWER
GPU: GIGABYTE AORUS 3080 XTREME WATERFORCE
SSD: SAMSUNG 980PRO 1TB


Will obsviously overclock to get max performance, especially for better gaming as I'm using the SAMSUNG ODESSEY G7 27" 1440P 240HZ monitor.
The only part that I'm not 100% happy with, is the case. I feel like it's too expensive although I really love it. (~$350 USD in my country)
What pc case should I get instead? keep in mind I'll have to fit in 3080 xtreme waterforce with 240mm radiator plus 360mm radiator for case fans.
Thanks!

Allegedly gigabyte DDR4 Z690 boards have bios issues for RAM.

 

I would go with a less flashy AIO, but it seems you have an Aorus theme going.

 

I would suggest looking into Fractal Desighn Meshify-2 or Lian Li O11D case.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: RX 6900 XT Gigabyte Aorus Master; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, chaotic kronos said:

It might be good to go with a ddr5 mob and get 1 ddr5 stick now. But it gives u the option to upgrade to ddr5 when it becomes more mature ( without need for new mob) .

For the case will iam gonna say it its main stream (AF) for a reason  Lian-Li O11Dynamic great space. supports water cooling Well. have fans on the bottom to blow direct in gpu. It's a master piece  only issue is there are like 8 billion ppl who bought it ( soo common) 

Getting 1 Stick of DDR5 is definately an option to future proof myself and be able to get newer sticks once it gets more solid than it is now.
That was actually what I was planning on doing from the beginning. However, it's not so easy to find due the shortage and it's also very expensive.

4 hours ago, krakek said:

Allegedly gigabyte DDR4 Z690 boards have bios issues for RAM.

 

I would go with a less flashy AIO, but it seems you have an Aorus theme going.

 

I would suggest looking into Fractal Desighn Meshify-2 or Lian Li O11D case.

I'll definately take a look at the Lian-Li, look promising!
And what do you mean flashy AIO?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You from Israel? (Judging by your name)

Anyway you're going with a 12th gen i9 AND overclocking, I think to your purposes a DDR5 build will hold for longer without needing to swap boards, especially as you're so after performance and maxing out. There's 2x16 DDR5 with 5200Mhz 38CL for 1179 if you want and maximum swap that out later instead of BOTH ram & board, which will double your upgrade cost. (This is if we talking maximizing longevity + performance for long-term without sacrificing much cost)
The way I see it you'll be limiting your beast CPU with that a bit going forward, just things to consider. 🤠

10 minutes ago, Elior said:

And what do you mean flashy AIO?

AIO (All in One) = Your CPU liquid cooler, it's AIO because you buy everything in a single kit as opposed to custom water cooling solutions where you buy the different parts of the liquid cooling system yourself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Danijongo said:

You from Israel? (Judging by your name)

Anyway you're going with a 12th gen i9 AND overclocking, I think to your purposes a DDR5 build will hold for longer without needing to swap boards, especially as you're so after performance and maxing out. There's 2x16 DDR5 with 5200Mhz 38CL for 1179 if you want and maximum swap that out later instead of BOTH ram & board, which will double your upgrade cost. (This is if we talking maximizing longevity + performance for long-term without sacrificing much cost)
The way I see it you'll be limiting your beast CPU with that a bit going forward, just things to consider. 🤠

AIO (All in One) = Your CPU liquid cooler, it's AIO because you buy everything in a single kit as opposed to custom water cooling solutions where you buy the different parts of the liquid cooling system yourself.

Yes, I am.
I'm not interested in the i9, that'll be unnecessary. I'm mainly gaming and dealing with multitasking only now and then.
Furthermore, after some calculations, the DDR5 motherboard and its supported RAM will add approximately ₪880 to the budget.
Also replacing an i9 with the i7 will add +₪800 to make an overall total of ~+₪1700.
As for AIO- I'm familiar with the definition of it. I was just trying to figure out whether it's recommended or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Elior said:

I want to save as much as I can because this will get very expensive and I will probably not even need it. 
In addition, a decent DDR5 will be +₪180 and supported ram will be +₪700. Had I also been getting i9 and not i7, that would also be +₪800.
TOTAL +₪1700
And as for AIO, I'm familiar with the definition of it. I was just trying to understand whether it's good or bad overall.

Fair enough, well glad you decided to go with i7 instead as myself.

Do note that if you wish in the upcoming years to upgrade your RAM it will be in the area of 1000+ anyway if we count a motherboard purchase aswell so it's kind of "paying twice".

If it's not priority then yes, you're better off saving right now and consider further down the line your options.

About the AIO he probably meant that it's not the most budget of options as it literally has a LCD screen + RGB lol.
If you went with it because it fits the LGA1700 socket from the box be aware that many companies send their conversion kits to Israel if you give them proof of purchase of either cooler/board/CPU (depends by company) I know Noctua and ARCTIC do it for free, worst case scenario there are some kits being sold for fairly cheap at retailers like Coolermasters' & Noctua locally in-country.
Depends on when you buy there's a chance the kits will already be included in coolers in-the-box as it already started being fitted abroad. (Worth checking with retailer before purchase!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Danijongo said:

Fair enough, well glad you decided to go with i7 instead as myself.

Do note that if you wish in the upcoming years to upgrade your RAM it will be in the area of 1000+ anyway if we count a motherboard purchase aswell so it's kind of "paying twice".

If it's not priority then yes, you're better off saving right now and consider further down the line your options.

About the AIO he probably meant that it's not the most budget of options as it literally has a LCD screen + RGB lol.
If you went with it because it fits the LGA1700 socket from the box be aware that many companies send their conversion kits to Israel if you give them proof of purchase of either cooler/board/CPU (depends by company) I know Noctua and ARCTIC do it for free, worst case scenario there are some kits being sold for fairly cheap at retailers like Coolermasters' & Noctua locally in-country.
Depends on when you buy there's a chance the kits will already be included in coolers in-the-box as it already started being fitted abroad. (Worth checking with retailer before purchase!)


Then this is my final rig:

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4
RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600MHz DDR432GB (16GBx2) CL16 -BL2K16G36C16U4RL (RED)
CPU: Intel core i7 12700KF
CPU COOLING: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 360mm
PSU: Corsair RMX Series (2021), RM850x, 850W Gold (CP-9020200-NA)
CASE: LIAN-LI PC-O11 Dynamic Black
GPU: GIGABYTE AORUS 3080 XTREME WATERFORCE
---------
I can get the H150i for ₪699 locally and just ask Corsair for the kit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Elior said:

I can get the H150i for ₪699 locally and just ask Corsair for the kit.

AFAIK Corsair's official website only ships to EU & US, rest of the world have to rely on retailers where currently none offer their LGA1700 Retrofit Kit in Israel. That's why I haven't gone with Corsair personally and with ARCTIC instead. Nothing else 🥲

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Danijongo said:

AFAIK Corsair's official website only ships to EU & US, rest of the world have to rely on retailers where currently none offer their LGA1700 Retrofit Kit in Israel. That's why I haven't gone with Corsair personally and with ARCTIC instead. Nothing else 🥲

you do know zipties exist right? itll be very easy to just ziptie the cooler to the cpu and still have decent mounting pressure

 

16 hours ago, Elior said:

Will obviously overclock to get max performance

sprry but cpu oc has been dead since 9th gen, highest you can expect on the p cores is prob only 5.3ghz unless you wanna shove a ton of voltage but have basically no gain in performance, best you can do is ram oc as e die do 4000mhz+ easy, id reccomend a max of 1.6v tho

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

you do know zipties exist right? itll be very easy to just ziptie the cooler to the cpu and still have decent mounting pressure

I doubt the dude will shill $3k on a brand new build to then ziptie a cooler on his CPU, might as well go with something else that mounts legitimately, Alder Lake aren't the coolest of CPUs anyway. Plus its not like ARCTIC is a worse option considering less self tinkering and better price locally. That's up to @Elior

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Elior said:

Getting 1 Stick of DDR5 is definately an option to future proof myself and be able to get newer sticks once it gets more solid than it is now.
That was actually what I was planning on doing from the beginning. However, it's not so easy to find due the shortage and it's also very expensive.

I'll definately take a look at the Lian-Li, look promising!
And what do you mean flashy AIO?

More performance orientated vs RGB/looks, ie the arctic liquid freezer line.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: RX 6900 XT Gigabyte Aorus Master; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Elior said:


Then this is my final rig:

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4
RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600MHz DDR432GB (16GBx2) CL16 -BL2K16G36C16U4RL (RED)
CPU: Intel core i7 12700KF
CPU COOLING: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 360mm
PSU: Corsair RMX Series (2021), RM850x, 850W Gold (CP-9020200-NA)
CASE: LIAN-LI PC-O11 Dynamic Black
GPU: GIGABYTE AORUS 3080 XTREME WATERFORCE
---------
I can get the H150i for ₪699 locally and just ask Corsair for the kit.

As I said before, Gigabyte DDR4 Z690 boards apparently have BIOS issues with RAM support.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: RX 6900 XT Gigabyte Aorus Master; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, krakek said:

As I said before, Gigabyte DDR4 Z690 boards apparently have BIOS issues with RAM support.

Well, from yesterday till today things have changed a bit and I decided on getting the Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE AX DDR5 instead.
I'll order 2 sticks of 16gb 4800mhz for now, and hope to upgrade the sticks only later on sometime.
The Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE AX DDR5 supports up to 6000MHZ of memory, will that be an issue if I'll upgrade in 2-3 years from now to something which's higher than 6000?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Elior said:

Well, from yesterday till today things have changed a bit and I decided on getting the Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE AX DDR5 instead.
I'll order 2 sticks of 16gb 4800mhz for now, and hope to upgrade the sticks only later on sometime.
The Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE AX DDR5 supports up to 6000MHZ of memory, will that be an issue if I'll upgrade in 2-3 years from now to something which's higher than 6000?

Unclear, I would suggest looking up the QVL. But with the daisy chain topology it could be possible.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: RX 6900 XT Gigabyte Aorus Master; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

Newegg

×