Weird visuals on bottom of screen

Mando772004

my 2nd screen sometimes not always but just sometimes has like weird visuals at the bottom of it at the taskbar to be specific, its like they appear and disappear at times i cant really explain how they look. its like artifacts but small ones that only appear at the bottom of the screen. also they only occur on my 2nd monitor which is the msi mag241c connected by DP which came with it not my main one which is the samsung G7 odyssey connected by DP which also came with it. both my monitors are hooked up to a msi gaming x trio rtx 3080. i didnt oc anything its on stock settings and yes i did try reinstalling gpu drivers. they dont happen often and arent annoying but i just wanna make sure it isnt like a gpu problem. i also stress tested my gpu for hours and it seemed fine really could it just be a monitor problem maybe? ive had this monitor i think for about 2 years now

Well it's hard to condclude anything. Could be the monitor, the cable or the GPU.

You could try and troubleshoot a bit by switching the cables or Ports on your GPU and seeing if that changes the behaviour.

35 minutes ago, iMxmo said:

Switch the DP ports you use. See if the issue is then appearing on your main monitor. Try also switching DP cables. 

i switched ports and i noticed for some reason my main monitor like switches on and off sometimes by itself i dont know why.

@Dreckssackblase

update: i tried the same seemingly faulty port on my second monitor only and it works fine but for some reason its my main screen that really struggles with this port

@Dreckssackblase

@iMxmo

4 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

update: i tried the same seemingly faulty port on my second monitor only and it works fine but for some reason its my main screen that really struggles with this port

@Dreckssackblase

@iMxmo

In the original post you said the second monitor struggled with the port?

Just now, iMxmo said:

In the original post you said the second monitor struggled with the port?

yes but when i switched ports the main one struggled so it seems like the port is faulty right? well i switched them back to their original orientation and im playing just fine on the 2nd monitor connected to the seemingly faulty port with my main monitor turned off. do you get me? also i tried switching the ports on the main monitor itself while connected to the same faulty port and it had the same turning on and off issues. this is weird cuz im gaming just fine on that "faulty" port BUT on the 2nd monitor not the main one

update 2: apparently both ports work fine now on both screens i dont get how but i guess i wont complain, could it be dust? if so then i think it was the issue cuz i have alot of dust