Picky nerd looking for a laptop upgrade...

shukero

Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a laptop upgrade for my 2013 yoga daily driver... This time around I'm looking for some specific items that I can't seem to find all in a single package:

1) 120hz+ touchscreen

2) Ryzen 5000 series

3) 16+gb ram

4) Nvidia 3070+ graphics card

5) 6+ hours video playback

Does anyone know where I might be able to find this mythical beast? I'm not looking for the thinnest laptop - but I'm also not looking for a suitcase either... Thanks for any help in advance!

~Mike

As far as I'm aware, there isn't a single laptop on the market with a 120Hz touch screen. For everything else in your list, the ASUS Zephyrus G15 should do it. 

Thanks betterthanever,

However, the 11th gen Intel seem to be lackluster and performance and I would really like Ryzen as my CPU. Plus I have also heard some very terrible things about MSI. I guess I just have to wait another year to see what else comes out.

On 11/29/2021 at 11:42 PM, HQuan said:

your laptop have upgradeable CPU and GPU and... screen?

No I meant getting a whole new laptop lol.

On 11/29/2021 at 11:43 PM, RONOTHAN## said:

As far as I'm aware, there isn't a single laptop on the market with a 120Hz touch screen. For everything else in your list, the ASUS Zephyrus G15 should do it. 

I could have sworn there was a Linus tech tips video where Linus was actually reviewing an Asus 120 Hz screen, but I can't seem to figure out where it went.

10 hours ago, shukero said:

I could have sworn there was a Linus tech tips video where Linus was actually reviewing an Asus 120 Hz screen, but I can't seem to figure out where it went.

Was it the Asus Flow X13 video? I think it is configurable with 4k 60Hz or 1080p 120Hz. Only comes with a 1650 though, but you can buy a 3080Ti eGPU enclosure. I thought it was pretty cool.