Thinking about AIO coolers, the Asus B550-E Gaming Motherboard and Lian Li Uni Fans.

PackhammerMinis

I've almost built my new PC. My first build. 

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Mid Tower

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

RTX 3080 Ti

ASUS B550-E Gaming Mobo

500gb M.2 

Western Digital 2.5" 1TB HDD

6 Lian Li Uni SL120 fans with controller(s)

The issue I'm now facing is what AIO CPU Cooler to buy and how to connect it (and its fans) in such a way as to have all the Addressable RGBs to work from the Lian Li software in harmony. On the other hand, I want my fans to move in such a way as to create the best environment for my internal PC. So my question is, "What is the correct way to connect the AIO either to the Mobo or to the Lian Li Uni fan controller for optimum performance and for the simplest good looks (headers, cables, etc...)?"

2 minutes ago, PackhammerMinis said:

I've almost built my new PC. My first build. 

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Mid Tower

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

RTX 3080 Ti

ASUS B550-E Gaming Mobo

500gb M.2 

Western Digital 2.5" 1TB HDD

6 Lian Li Uni SL120 fans with controller(s)

The issue I'm now facing is what AIO CPU Cooler to buy and how to connect it (and its fans) in such a way as to have all the Addressable RGBs to work from the Lian Li software in harmony. On the other hand, I want my fans to move in such a way as to create the best environment for my internal PC. So my question is, "What is the correct way to connect the AIO either to the Mobo or to the Lian Li Uni fan controller for optimum performance and for the simplest good looks (headers, cables, etc...)?"

i dont expect any overclocking even with the board being an overclocking board, so you may wanna look at the lianli galahad aios, although for better performance liquid freezer is literally the best you can get and its cheap although i dont expect you to need the extra performance so lianli galahad it is

Also why the hell did you buy an overclocking board? Did you just get tricked by a salesman or did you want some features that you couldnt find on other boards? Cause b550 tomahawk has an s tier vrm according to the vrm tier list on this forum (found in mobos and cpus subforum) and its ~170$ atm, even has a usb c header

11 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Also why the hell did you buy an overclocking board?

The Mobo overclocking features aren't what're confusing me. That's a moot point. What I'm wondering is how to connect things up so they just work in the simplest way possible, with as few hiccups as possible.

5 minutes ago, PackhammerMinis said:

Curiosity? It's a learning curve.

Well atleast zen3 has better ocability than zen2 but theres not much headroom, even a b550a which has an a tier on the mb vrm list is fine, well better hope that b550e will oc rams well cause thats the only thing you can do without shooting power bills through the roof or atleast degrading your cpu cause max safe on zen2 is 1.45v, even my rule of thumb says its ~1.5v absolute "max" and i dont even reccomend that

2 minutes ago, PackhammerMinis said:

What I'm wondering is how to connect things up so they just work in the simplest way possible, with as few hiccups as possible.

Well idk much on rgb but usually the aio will come with a hub to plug everything in neatly, just plug all the rgb into the aio rgb hub then plug that into the mb rgb header

fans wise youll prob already have a fan hub + rgb hub for those so just shove those at the back of the case, connect all the rgbs and power to those hubs, for this many fans youll prob be using a powered hub so connect the power to the hub either sata or molex, then connect a 4 pin to from the mb to the hub so you can actually control the fans

Aio pump for all i know goes into a dedicated aio pump header on your mb

Just some general info ive picked up looking through these forums so yea ill prob screw up a sht ton on this cause i dont deal with rgbs and i dont deal with new hardware (still on e8x00 and a pathetic p45)

-> Moved to Cooling

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv