Homestudio/Work Setup (more than 1 computer and several peripherals to connect)

Amik

Hello everyone, I have been searching for a way to solve my "problem" with having a complex setup at home and want to have it clean as possible.

So basically I have a home studio where I have my personal computer (games and stuff), a Mac (music prod.) and laptop (for work). Everyday I use at least my work laptop and at evening my PC. I have everyday to keep switching the mouse, keyboard and monitors, since I use the same for all computers.

My issue is that I would like to have like a Hub or a Dock, where I could connect all these peripherals and just use 1 cable to connect them to either computer, but unfortunately I do not find a really great product that can answer to everything. I'm also thinking that maybe I should have a hub (or other type of techonology) to connect the monitors, and another hub just for the other peripherals, would be 2 cable but at least it's better than 4.

What I wanted to ask is if anyone has found a good solution for their studio, or what should I go for? Even if the product if it's a bit expensive, but if it would solve my issues, I would be glad to buy it.

So my needs are basically to have 2 monitors, mouse (wireless), keyboard and an audio interface (if it has the power for it) connected in a way that would require just 1/2 cables to connect to another pc. One issue that I have been seeing is that the USB HUB's do not seem to be 144hz for the monitors, which would be bad since I have 1 monitor for gaming. Also I have heard (don't know if it's really true) but connecting keyboard and mouse to a hub gives a bit of lag.

Does anyone know what would fit for my setup?

Thanks!

You need a KVM rather than a USB hub. Look for a 4 port DisplayPort one that does DP1.2 or DP1.4, you'll get up to 144Hz at 1440p on DP1.2. in an ideal world you also want one with EDID but these are generally very expensive.

I ran a two port Tripp Lite EDID DP1.2 KVM to share a single screen, keyboard and mouse between my desktop and laptop. It worked pretty well. 

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop