Motherboard is damage

Black_Ace
Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,

Clean the exposed traces with some isopropyl alcohol, tape it up with electircal tape, done

They prob wont accept your rma anyways so its either no board cause you are too scared or very easy fix and you still have a working board

These parts are not as fragile as you think, ive make a janky ass tec cooler for my mobo chipset(nb) and after a session of trying to get the highest fsb possible (max 585) good god it was soaking wet, even the damn tissues were wet so pretty surprised it didnt short, it was at the end of my oc session anyways so ofc i let it dry off for the night.

My hand slipped while working on mobo. Should I just scrap it or keep it. And is it even safe. Tracer got damaged

IMG_20211126_204119.jpg

IMG_20211126_204125.jpg

Turn it on and see if it works, itll prob still work anyways

Just cover that up with some electircal tape so it doesnt short

13 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Turn it on and see if it works, itll prob still work anyways

Just cover that up with some electircal tape so it doesnt short

I kinda don't trust it now. I don't wanna be out a m.2 if it dose short

36 minutes ago, Black_Ace said:

My hand slipped while working on mobo. Should I just scrap it or keep it. And is it even safe. Tracer got damaged

You might haven't damaged any traces, although since they're now exposed and who knows what happened if some traces are shorted. I probably would do the same and not risk it and just get a new motherboard to be on the safe side. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

37 minutes ago, Black_Ace said:

I kinda don't trust it now. I don't wanna be out a m.2 if it dose short

Obviously you should unplug all other hardware before you test it...

Clean the exposed traces with some isopropyl alcohol, tape it up with electircal tape, done

They prob wont accept your rma anyways so its either no board cause you are too scared or very easy fix and you still have a working board

These parts are not as fragile as you think, ive make a janky ass tec cooler for my mobo chipset(nb) and after a session of trying to get the highest fsb possible (max 585) good god it was soaking wet, even the damn tissues were wet so pretty surprised it didnt short, it was at the end of my oc session anyways so ofc i let it dry off for the night.

25 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

I have new mobo cuz I'm working on new PC. I was gonna sell the old mobo idk if anyone would buy but I get what y'all saying I wish I had extra parts to test. 

29 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

I will take it to consideration and thanks for advice. I probably need to find isopropyl

you were trying to put your NVME in without removing your GPU... wuznt you?
=__=

... Just turn it on, youre either fine, or only that one section wont work.
Theres not enough power for it to blow up.

Worst... WORST case... that one section burns for a second, then fully disconnects.
It CAN be fixed, but... thats a whole "new video" so to speak.

now if you really wanna get [DOWN AND DIRTY]
You take out the board, get you a magnifying class (or lab magnifiers... to put on your head)
and a Razor blade.
Then you have a close up, and make sure they arent touching (its really that easy)
Then you put some resin or... nail polish will work. (make sure it dries.)