Blue Screens and Temperature issues

Marcus Torre DeProspero

So Everytime I've loaded 3D mark and tried running a benchmark I have been getting BSOD every other time I do it. The error is something like Service Executable Exception or something. And another time it was IRQL not less or equal to. No idea what those mean. And for my temperature issues it's two things. My EVGA 3080 ti XC3 Ultra Gaming card is running full tilt at 98C with a hotspot of 100c and memory temps of 100c no idea why. I haven't even opened the card yet. I also have some PCH temps from my Mobo saying their at 98-101C but I assume it's like that because it uses the same cooler for my nvme storage drive so I have no idea there either. I think it's one of those two things because when I ran Cinebench earlier for about 30 minutes there were no issues. Any ideas on what I can do to remedy this stuff?

Things I think of to check are if your power supply has enough wattage and also try to install ddu and after a driver wipe reinstall a stable version of the driver. As for temperature issues you can at least during testing lower your power limit a bit maybe to 70 or 80 and crank your fans. You can use something like msi afterburner to do that. If your computer does not crash the put the card at it's normal power limit but keep the fans at a 100 percent. I am not an expert but that IRQL not less or equal to might indicate a driver issue or sometimes a overclock gone bad. Hopefully this helps.

19 minutes ago, pwarrow88 said:

Things I think of to check are if your power supply has enough wattage and also try to install ddu and after a driver wipe reinstall a stable version of the driver. As for temperature issues you can at least during testing lower your power limit a bit maybe to 70 or 80 and crank your fans. You can use something like msi afterburner to do that. If your computer does not crash the put the card at it's normal power limit but keep the fans at a 100 percent. I am not an expert but that IRQL not less or equal to might indicate a driver issue or sometimes a overclock gone bad. Hopefully this helps.

Thanks I'll try it out in a bit I had the power limit lowered already and it was crashing whenever I put it to 105 so maybe that's it but I have an undervolted and under locked I9 10850k and a 3080 to with a Corsair sf750 power supply so I thought I'd have enough power for both. I'll be upgrading to a 12600kf soon (at least I hope) so maybe that will help as well.

2 hours ago, Marcus Torre DeProspero said:

Thanks I'll try it out in a bit I had the power limit lowered already and it was crashing whenever I put it to 105 so maybe that's it but I have an undervolted and under locked I9 10850k and a 3080 to with a Corsair sf750 power supply so I thought I'd have enough power for both. I'll be upgrading to a 12600kf soon (at least I hope) so maybe that will help as well.

Hmm In theory there should be enough power but I would say you are running it pretty close to the red line here. Perhaps the computer is  crashing eventho you have limited the power going to the card because  3000series cards are knowed to have massive power spikes which might make the system unstable and result in a crash. As for upgrading to a newer cpu I can't remember off the top of my head if you need to change the motherboard for your config however, unless it's the issue with the board or the cpu I fail to see how it would fix it. 

2 hours ago, pwarrow88 said:

Hmm In theory there should be enough power but I would say you are running it pretty close to the red line here. Perhaps the computer is  crashing eventho you have limited the power going to the card because  3000series cards are knowed to have massive power spikes which might make the system unstable and result in a crash. As for upgrading to a newer cpu I can't remember off the top of my head if you need to change the motherboard for your config however, unless it's the issue with the board or the cpu I fail to see how it would fix it. 

well I do have to change the motherboard in order to upgrade the cpu but this board is not without it's faults when I first got it there was a damaged trace path to the RAM which I managed to fix with literal magic. But since then I keep getting memory errors and I can't keep my overclock for it so I run it at the cpu stock level. There is also the issue with the pch/northbridge overheating. I think it may just eliminate most of my issues and from what I have read the 12600kf consumes less power than my 10850k does so if it really is a power supply issue than I am covered.

well I do have to change the motherboard in order to upgrade the cpu but this board is not without it's faults when I first got it there was a damaged trace path to the RAM which I managed to fix with literal magic. But since then I keep getting memory errors and I can't keep my overclock for it so I run it at the cpu stock level. There is also the issue with the pch/northbridge overheating. I think it may just eliminate most of my issues and from what I have read the 12600kf consumes less power than my 10850k does so if it really is a power supply issue than I am covered.

Hmmm In this case I am like literally surprise it even works. Well I do see how that can cause many issues and hope a change to a newer board can help fix it. Just as a side note you mention you didn't take your gpu apart try not to till you can test it on new hardware taking apart might void your warranty and you will lose your ability for an RMA. Good luck with your upgrade I hope it will work out for you. 

1 hour ago, pwarrow88 said:

Hmmm In this case I am like literally surprise it even works. Well I do see how that can cause many issues and hope a change to a newer board can help fix it. Just as a side note you mention you didn't take your gpu apart try not to till you can test it on new hardware taking apart might void your warranty and you will lose your ability for an RMA. Good luck with your upgrade I hope it will work out for you. 

lol I bought it off of stockx there is no warranty

Intel has an RMA system. Be warned though, THEY SUCK. It took me three months to get my 9900kf RMA'ed.

5 hours ago, Marcus Torre DeProspero said:

Bruh the I say cautiosly yolo it

18 hours ago, Farm-Boy_7130 said:

Intel has an RMA system. Be warned though, THEY SUCK. It took me three months to get my 9900kf RMA'ed.

lol my cpu was bought off ebay not sure how they feel about that

4 hours ago, Marcus Torre DeProspero said:

lol my cpu was bought off ebay not sure how they feel about that

Uh... If you got a receipt they may not care LOL

Yea no I got no idea with that one Lmao