Work Computer for my mom

zechfc

Budget (including currency): 500-600 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: At home work, programs being Microsoft office and other programs specific to the job

Other details

Mainly trying to capitalize on any black Friday/Cyber Monday deals. Its for my mom so not a gaming computer in slightest, its main goal is office work since she works from home. She's a paralegal so the applications she uses shouldn't really be an issue, but she does want to design rooms on her free time, so anything that can manage that should do. And the one thing she complains about most with her laptop is speed, so the main goal would be for it to be fast.

Most of the budget would be the actual parts, but In terms of peripherals I want to put most the attention into the case, so things like a mouse and keyboard isn't needed. For the case something modern with subtly RGB would be nice. She is by no means a gamer, but I think it would be nice if it had some personal flair and wasn't a boring work from home computer (like a work white or gray color theme).

Most of the budget (500) would be for the pc itself and the rest toward dual monitors (or just one really long monitor whatever provides the most screen space and is economical). Which don't need to be fancy, just easy on her eyes, decent resolution and picture because she wants to design on her free time, and a decent size because she has a lot of tabs open when working.

Not particular towards any brands (intel, amd, etc). For a quick summary, a decent at home work computer, that is fast and can handle multiple tabs for my non gamer mom, and has a cool case so it seems more personally. 

I only just built my own computer last year and I'm rather new at this so any and all help is appreciated, and the black Fridays deals would just be a bonus, and any parts that fit in the budget would be great. 

Thank you! (sorry if I left out any information, this is my first time commenting on these types of forums) 

Newegg has some really good pricing on PSU at the moment.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-10105 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($126.31 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI Mini ITX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($169.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Silicon Power 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($49.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital WD Green SN350 960 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($74.98 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $531.23
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-24 02:57 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

On 11/24/2021 at 2:58 AM, brob said:

Newegg has some really good pricing on PSU at the moment.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-10105 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($126.31 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI Mini ITX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($169.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Silicon Power 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($49.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital WD Green SN350 960 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($74.98 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $531.23
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-24 02:57 EST-0500

Do I need a video card?

12 minutes ago, zechfc said:

Do I need a video card?

Not for basic productivity software.besides, I doubt the budget would allow for a GPU that performs much better than the iGPU.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.