Moving for office : should I take my desktop or buy a laptop

Scitesh

Now that there are no more covid related lock downs in my country, the wfh liberties are being revoked. 

As a result, I have to move to the city with my company's engineering headquarters. 

Now my dilemma is I would be provided a laptop within 2 weeks of joining in office  but I need a machine in the meanwhile 

So should I transport my desktop or buy a laptop

Ps : I haven't had a laptop since 2015

I'd always lean towards having a desktop at home. It's bigger and harder to transport, but it's also more versatile and can be upgraded as needed. Aside from that, if you're getting a company laptop in two weeks anyway, why would you want to buy one now?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Can't they provide a temporary laptop to use until your new one is ready?

I've never heard of an employer asking an employee to use their own hardware. Aren't they security conscious?

Sorry but this seems weird, if they want you to start working before they have provided you with a laptop then what do they expect you to be able to do?

17 hours ago, TheeShadowStorm said:

Can't they provide a temporary laptop to use until your new one is ready?

I've never heard of an employer asking an employee to use their own hardware. Aren't they security conscious?

Sorry but this seems weird, if they want you to start working before they have provided you with a laptop then what do they expect you to be able to do?

Nope, I have asked them to ship me one during on boarding and they say the procurement order would be placed on my day 1 in office