Mechanical keyboard recommendation

code99
Go to solution Solved by Evgeni04,

Also you can try to fix your old keyboard by disconnecting it and leaving it dry for at least a week or two.

Ive been using a Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum keyboard for the past  .... idk how many years. I bought it when it first released idk how many years ago. Very good keyboard, no issues until yesterday. I must have spilled something on it or something because it went nuts, started typing on its own, i tried to clean it but no joy.

Anyway, im in the market for a new keyboard which is going to be used primarily for gaming and typing.

Initially i was looking at a keyboard from Corsair, K100 but damn thing is super expensive, 300 bucks where i live (romania). Im not paying that much for a keyboard and it has macro keys on the left side ... i really hate that.

Budget 200 Euros

Must be mechanical

Must have RGB

Must NOT have macro keys on the left side of the keyboard (to the left of TAB, caps lock etc) EDIT: Apparently most keyboards these days have those keys ... i guess i can try and live with them?

I prefer if it had multimedia controls and a volume knob or dial or something BUT ultimately can live without such keys.

I dont care if its wired or wireless. 

I also dont care for weight. I wont be moving it from my desk

Any recommendation would be lovely. I will look for myself for something but there are so many and idk which is good or not ... 

EDIT: Hows the Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 with Cherry brown switches? Is it any good these days?

Also you can try to fix your old keyboard by disconnecting it and leaving it dry for at least a week or two.

On 11/21/2021 at 1:39 PM, Evgeni04 said:

I've ended up opening it fully, cleaning it (took me forever to do this) and then drying it for about a day. 

Its working fine now!