new gaming pc/laptop

Doggodiggern
Go to solution Solved by TheeShadowStorm,
On 11/21/2021 at 3:40 AM, Doggodiggern said:

I just wanted to know what a good gaming pc/laptop is. I have considered manual build but they are pretty expensive. Does anyone know a good $900-$1,100 gaming desktop/laptop (prebuild or part reccomendation)? Games I want to run on it:

cs:go

fortnite

cod warzone(extremely rarely)

minecraft

beamng.drive

vr games 

any suggestions?

ps: I only want an rtx 3000 series gpu for max gamering rtx cores. I dont really want a gtx or AMD. I want to see rtx on these games and good graphics. 

You'll want at least a 3060Ti if you want to play 1440p with high settings and rtx on.

Unless you're happy with 30 FPS

I just wanted to know what a good gaming pc/laptop is. I have considered manual build but they are pretty expensive. Does anyone know a good $900-$1,100 gaming desktop/laptop (prebuild or part reccomendation)? Games I want to run on it:

fortnite

minecraft

beamng.drive

vr games 

any suggestions?

ps: I only want an rtx 3000 series gpu for max gamering rtx cores. I dont really want a gtx or AMD. I want to see rtx on these games and good graphics. 

I can't imagine RTX being all that usable in that price range (though for Minecraft its probably fine if you can match it with a G-Sync screen as it wont be 60fps locked), but a quick look around does show RTX 3060 laptops around that price.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

3 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I can't imagine RTX being all that usable in that price range, but a quick look around does show RTX 3060 laptops around that price.

i might get more games, ill check my steam library

cod:mw2

terraria

apex

borderlands 2

splitgate

tabs

do you think i should get a series 2000 gpu instead? : P

2 minutes ago, Doggodiggern said:

i might get more games, ill check my steam library

cod:mw2

terraria

apex

borderlands 2

splitgate

tabs

do you think i should get a series 2000 gpu instead? : P

Will have to wait for someone else for that, I'm not sure how the laptop GPUs compare, still stuck on a GTX 1070 on mine as I pumped the money into a desktop instead.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

3 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Will have to wait for someone else for that, I'm not sure how the laptop GPUs compare, still stuck on a GTX 1070 on mine as I pumped the money into a desktop instead.

3000 is more expensive but 2000 has less rtx cores so it has more of an fps drop with rtx on, but im not 100% about the pricing

1 minute ago, Doggodiggern said:

3000 is more expensive but 2000 has less rtx cores so it has more of an fps drop with rtx on, but im not 100% about the pricing

Yeah but the problem occurs when trying to figure out the clock rates and power limits on specific laptop models.  Not every laptop is configured the same even if the chip itself is identical.

A few options for you...

https://www.microcenter.com/product/636982/acer-nitro-5-an515-55-56ap-156-gaming-laptop-computer-black

https://www.microcenter.com/product/633627/asus-tuf-gaming-a15-tuf506qe-ms74-156-laptop-computer-platinum-collection-gray

https://www.microcenter.com/product/637467/msi-katana-gf66-11ue-031-156-gaming-laptop-computer-black

Considering the kinds of games you want to play, I would go with the 2nd or 3rd option. The first and 2nd options will be more worth it for you, if the budget you listed needs to include mouse, backpack (to store the laptop in, when not using maybe), mousepad, controller, etc.

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

12 hours ago, GeorgeMKane said:

A few options for you...

https://www.microcenter.com/product/636982/acer-nitro-5-an515-55-56ap-156-gaming-laptop-computer-black

https://www.microcenter.com/product/633627/asus-tuf-gaming-a15-tuf506qe-ms74-156-laptop-computer-platinum-collection-gray

https://www.microcenter.com/product/637467/msi-katana-gf66-11ue-031-156-gaming-laptop-computer-black

Considering the kinds of games you want to play, I would go with the 2nd or 3rd option. The first and 2nd options will be more worth it for you, if the budget you listed needs to include mouse, backpack (to store the laptop in, when not using maybe), mousepad, controller, etc.

i have a mouse + keyboard already, and i dont need a new one (80$ mouse and 120$ keyboard. I know its overkill but i got it in like 2017

7 hours ago, Doggodiggern said:

i have a mouse + keyboard already, and i dont need a new one (80$ mouse and 120$ keyboard. I know its overkill but i got it in like 2017

Doesn't sound overkill to me. 🙂

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

On 11/21/2021 at 3:40 AM, Doggodiggern said:

fortnite

minecraft

beamng.drive

vr games 

any suggestions?

You'll want at least a 3060Ti if you want to play 1440p with high settings and rtx on.

On 11/22/2021 at 7:27 AM, TheeShadowStorm said:

Well I’m only going to game at 1080p lol, what about that