weird noise in AIO when first booting up computer

ironphoenix43

As the title states when I first turn on my computer the AIO pump makes a weird noise and never does it again while the system is running. the pump noise only appears at boot up and goes away. the radiator is top mounted with the pump at the bottom of the loop. I also have a video of the sound. you can hear it at 13 seconds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-JYugvm8Uw&ab_channel=Ironphoenix

I7 6700k ( not OC )

32Gbs of ram

evga gtx 1070 ftw2

gigabyte GA Z170X gaming 7

windows 10

if it's plugged into a fan header then it would be running at 100% until the software tells it to run at a different speed

I have the pump plugged into the CPU_OPT fan header but have it set in the bios to run at max. I forgot to mention that sorry. the AIO i have is the Lian li galahad so its all bios ran

4 minutes ago, ironphoenix43 said:

I have the pump plugged into the CPU_OPT fan header but have it set in the bios to run at max. I forgot to mention that sorry. the AIO i have is the Lian li galahad so its all bios ran

well until the bios takes over the speed then it will just be defaulted to whatever it is without being plugged into anything.

so you think it's just the initial start up sound of the pump until the bios takes over and its nothing to worry about?

i cant explain the noise 11-13s into that vid..  but as long as its only on boot.. 

I would try this: put the CPU opt header to max 70% and hear if the sound is still there(11-13s sound)

yah the sound remains. even happens if i turn it down even lower. I even tried 50% and 30% and the sound is the same. I tried changing how the pump gets it power over to sata and it still does it. but with sata it does it nearly instantly when i turn the computer on compared to after a few seconds into posting when plugged into cpu_opt

yea i didnt think the cpu opt header did anything bad. if this bothers u i would contact support for ur product. i dont have any xp with lian li aio's, just corsair, nzxt and cm.

well the product is brand new. its only been 5 days now since it has been in my system. maybe its just trapped air that will eventually work its way out

the sound at 13 seconds is questionable but my temps are all fine and my pump rpm is steady. The Maximum temp you see there was from running Prime95 with AVX instructions on

Untitled2.png

Untitled.png