What is this mark inside my monitor?

rijzen

So i have had this monitor for a few months , its a Samsung 24t350 , nothing special  but last night i looked over and this little mark had appeared on the screen. I thought it was something on it but it is definitely inside the panel , any ideas? i thought maybe a grouping of burnt pixels or a bug got in maybe. I took a screenshot just to make sure and its not there in the screenshot

IMG_20211119_095820350.jpg

1 minute ago, tkitch said:

try canned air to blow it out

i tried that too , just forgot to mention it. I may just rip this thing apart lol

Just now, tkitch said:

try canned air to blow it out

🤔

might be worth explaining what he has to do, because I would guess blowing straight at the screen wouldn't help

░█▀▀█ ▒█░░░ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█   ▒█░░░ ░█▀▀█ ▒█░▄▀ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀   ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▄░ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄

2 minutes ago, yesyes said:

🤔

might be worth explaining what he has to do, because I would guess blowing straight at the screen wouldn't help

haha i know where to blow it (came out poorly) This monitor has very minimal ventilation so i did my best but nothing moved

Just now, rijzen said:

haha i know where to blow it (came out poorly) This monitor has very minimal ventilation so i did my best but nothing moved

just.. reach in and grab it

but seriously, is it possible for you to temporarily remove the panel then remove it with a pair of tweezers?

Just now, yesyes said:

just.. reach in and grab it

but seriously, is it possible for you to temporarily remove the panel then remove it with a pair of tweezers?

i can attempt it , just wondered if anyone with better eyes than me could tell what it was before i went mcguyver on it

Just now, rijzen said:

i can attempt it , just wondered if anyone with better eyes than me could tell what it was before i went mcguyver on it

better eyes won't do much by looking at a picture

but it's probably just a small bug or a piece of dirt

if I had to guess I'd say a bug, since I don't see how a piece of dirt would get in there

12 minutes ago, yesyes said:

better eyes won't do much by looking at a picture

but it's probably just a small bug or a piece of dirt

if I had to guess I'd say a bug, since I don't see how a piece of dirt would get in there

Well my mcguyver skills are shoddy at best so i broke the corner of the panel from slightly too much pressure. You live you learn HAHA. I needed an upgrade anyways , thanks for the help guys

edit: After taking it all the way apart it turns out the actual screen layer was burnt from the back side some how which made the mark 

1 minute ago, rijzen said:

Well my mcguyver skills are shoddy at best so i broke the corner of the panel from slightly too much pressure. You live you learn HAHA. I needed an upgrade anyways , thanks for the help guys

edit: After taking it all the way apart it turns out the actual screen layer was burnt from the back side some how which made the mark 

OOF

well, see you in the monitor section soon, lol

I'm sorry to hear you accidentally broke your monitor. I'm happy to help you choose a new one if it comes to that. Just post a new topic or DM me with your budget and region.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.