Need some earbuds

Hadacus

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a pair of earbuds for around $70-$80 CAD. I'll be using them for some music, preferably with an even sound, anyone have any suggestions?

Skullcandy.... not sure what model but i know they are good

Character artist in the Games industry.

You know what, how bout getting the Steelseries FLUX In-ear Pros? Linus did an unboxing of these and they are geared for gaming as well as music.

Store Page: http://shop.steelseries.com/us/audio/steelseries-flux-in-ear-pro.html

Linus Review of the SteelSeries FLUX In-ear Pro:

They will set you back $130, but for Steelseries quality and versatility of the earphones (for music, games, movies, tv shows, whatever), it is worth every penny.

Hope that helps.

- winny3141 :D

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I second the SteelSeries FLUX in-ear series. Quality drivers.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

You know what, how bout getting the Steelseries FLUX In-ear Pros? Linus did an unboxing of these and they are geared for gaming as well as music.

Store Page: http://shop.steelseries.com/us/audio/steelseries-flux-in-ear-pro.html

Linus Review of the SteelSeries FLUX In-ear Pro:

They will set you back $130, but for Steelseries quality and versatility of the earphones (for music, games, movies, tv shows, whatever), it is worth every penny.

Hope that helps.

- winny3141 :D

Thanks! I'll have a look at them

Don't give me hate but i really like the Apple EarPods they are 40$ CDN and sound really crisp and have great bass. They also fell really good in your ear they don't fall out unless you turn your hear a full 90 degrees.

Buy Klipish s4i.

They are about 50 bucks and have Great audio quality.

Skullcandys are really not good. They're more of a fashion accessory than anything. the only reason they are so popular is marketing. basically the same thing as beats.

My general go to recommendation is the Klipsch S4i's.

I have tried dozens of ear buds around $75-$150, and they are my favorite for sure!

and actually, i agree with Kilobytez95 about the new apple ear pods. I freakin' love them! the most comfortable ears buds EVER! I forget im wearing them! and they sound really great to for the price.

Skullcandys are really not good. They're more of a fashion accessory than anything. the only reason they are so popular is marketing. basically the same thing as beats.

I have tried dozens of ear buds around $75-$150, and they are my favorite for sure!

and actually, i agree with Kilobytez95 about the new apple ear pods. I freakin' love them! the most comfortable ears buds EVER! I forget im wearing them! and they sound really great to for the price.

An old friend of mine had skullcandies and they were quite flimsy and broke easily. At least in his experience. But others said the earpods aren't really that great. An improvement, but not entirely comfortable. But everyone's ears are slightly different, and you can't please everyone.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Skullcandy's are rubbish, never buy those cheap things. Be cautious of the steelseries flux, even though linus says they are good, they are still a 'gaming' branded product and so are likely to be overpriced for the sound quality. The klipshe s4i's are decent, all around buy for that pricerange. Some of the sennheisers are ok but not really up to the klipshe's.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

Have you looking into shure? Just like klipshe ^^^ Can't go wrong with that brand, but I still think klipshe is more reputable. personally, never tried them both though. I prefer over ears.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Kilpsch S4, I bought a pair and have no complains. Plus, the audio quality on them is outstanding.

• 3 years later...
On 5/7/2013 at 9:01 PM, Lethal Squirrel said:

i find skull candy's headphones amazing thay have good speekers and a good mic

On 5/6/2013 at 8:22 PM, Pixxie_Payne said:

Skullcandy.... not sure what model but i know they are good

No...

7 hours ago, treefrogwest said:

i find skull candy's headphones amazing thay have good speekers and a good mic

You're wrong.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

1 hour ago, KaminKevCrew said:

No...

You're wrong.

My first pair of headphones were skullcandy.

Needless to say,  they are now buried deep in some dump now. 

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 hour ago, spwath said:

My first pair of headphones were skullcandy.

Needless to say,  they are now buried deep in some dump now. 

I don't think I've ever owned a pair. A few of my friends certainly have though, and they were terrible. Plus, they weren't very durable at all, so they never lasted long.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)