Can't seem to get windows to load on Samsung 980 pro

Hi people. 

I currently have a b550 aorus elite ax v2

Everything went well 3 weeks back when I installed windows on it with an ssd gen 3 hp nvme. Have everything the exact same but now I bought the Samsung nvme 980 pro and I'm trying to install it but windows can't detect it but bios does. Now I'm stuck for two days don't know what to do. 

44 minutes ago, MUAAZ MOTALA said:

Hi people. 

I currently have a b550 aorus elite ax v2

Everything went well 3 weeks back when I installed windows on it with an ssd gen 3 hp nvme. Have everything the exact same but now I bought the Samsung nvme 980 pro and I'm trying to install it but windows can't detect it but bios does. Now I'm stuck for two days don't know what to do. 

What cpu are you running?

I removed the Hp gen 3 that I had and im trying to install windows on the Gen 4. So I currently have no other m.2 in the pc 

Did you check to see if that m.2 slot was set for pcie gen 4 in the nvme settings in the bios?

Edited by LavenderPhantom78139
edited for clarity

I did check but Ill be going through the process again tonight. Will keep you updated

Did you go into disk management and format the drive?

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

Oki so I managed to find the problem, I needed to update the motherboard BIOS very important. Then I had to install windows on a gen3 old ssd get into the pc and look into disk managment didnt find it there so, I went into control panel system and looked for stroage spaces deleted the "POOL" in stroage spaces then I downloaded some partion software which then dected the Gen 4 samsung 980 pro. Formated it and restated to get it to read. 100% reading and working did some internal transfers, all good. Formated the gen 3 and did a fresh install of windows on the Gen4 980 pro. Working like a charm!!!

Thanks folks for all the help and support.

Cheers