Graphics Card Reccomendation

aidancomi

I’m looking to upgrade my PC by adding a GPU (currently using Ryzen APU), but don’t want it to be bottlenecked by my current components. My part list is below, I definitely want new, and doesn’t currently have to be in stock (shortages will be a problem)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LD7ML2

Thanks in Advanced!

Depends if you want to buy new or not, and how much you want to spend.

without knowing budget:

If new, 3060/Ti

else, look into something like a 1070/1080

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Looking at your cpu, I'd say it's pretty likely it would bottleneck any powerful gpu, as it's single threaded performance is severely lacking, assuming you play at 1080p.

I agree with a 3060Ti, but only if you're willing to upgrade your cpu at the same time, even an r5 3600 should be enough, if you wanna stick with your current motherboard.

If not, I'd go with an RTX 3060/RX 6600, or even a 1660 Super.

• 3 weeks later...

Now with the re-release of the 2060 12GB, I assume that would be a good bet for 1080p gaming?

14 hours ago, aidancomi said:

Now with the re-release of the 2060 12GB, I assume that would be a good bet for 1080p gaming?

It would be good for 1080p but it might be a while till we see one on sale and it's looking to be expensive for its performance but if you can afford it, no reason to not get it. I also think that rtx 3050 and rx 6500 are coming as well as intel gpus in 2022 so you can wait and see or get whatever is available