3V with 5V charger?

mebaby2
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,

The 3v is the ouput of the internal battery to the controller (which is normal since a AAA battery is 1.5v and it needs 2 to work) it charges over normal 5v from a usb port or in your case charger.

So go ahead and plug it in.

Ok sorry i have 0 knowledge when it comes to electricity and i just got a "Xbox One Play & Charge Kit V2" so i dont have to waste batterys.

Can you charge the Battery pack with a old 5V usb to wallplug phone charger without it being harmfull to the battery ?

Its a legitimate old 5v 500ma 0.35A usb to wallplug and the battery pack states 3.0v 1400mah (4.2Wh).

Im just way closer to the wall then i am to the steamlink so it would be nice to be able to charge it from the wall while i play.

Oh and a wonderfull doggo that loves to walk through a hanging cable like it doesnt exist, cant blame him.

PS : sorry ive been living in a bubble for a while and wasnt sure if this would go in "help" or "general discussion", i read the be4 you post at the help section and it seemed more pc related?

The 3v is the ouput of the internal battery to the controller (which is normal since a AAA battery is 1.5v and it needs 2 to work) it charges over normal 5v from a usb port or in your case charger.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Awesome thanks a million !

5ud6og.jpg

32 minutes ago, mebaby2 said:

Awesome thanks a million !

5ud6og.jpg

I mean just some rechargable batteries would also do :p. I'm still using my over a decade old gp rechargeable batteries for my xbox 360 controller and still going strong never out of battery for more than 20 ish seconds when I need to swap em :p.

Keep in mind that pack has a lithium ion battery in it so it will degrade and eventually die so I do tend to just advice some decent batteries (my ikea batteries are 8 years old and still trucking) + a generic charger that stops when they are full and you always have batteries to spare :p.

The only non rechargeable I own are for my bicycles back light as otherwise I have to swap em twice a year instead of just once a year+ with non rechargeables. Still using the same 20 pack from 5 years ago for that :p.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 3:09 PM, jaslion said:

I mean just some rechargable batteries would also do :p. I'm still using my over a decade old gp rechargeable batteries for my xbox 360 controller and still going strong never out of battery for more than 20 ish seconds when I need to swap em :p.

Keep in mind that pack has a lithium ion battery in it so it will degrade and eventually die so I do tend to just advice some decent batteries (my ikea batteries are 8 years old and still trucking) + a generic charger that stops when they are full and you always have batteries to spare :p.

The only non rechargeable I own are for my bicycles back light as otherwise I have to swap em twice a year instead of just once a year+ with non rechargeables. Still using the same 20 pack from 5 years ago for that :p.

Yeh i get rechargable batterys, but i wanted the pack so i could use the controller wired into a wall outlet when the battery is empty and keep playing.

And if the pack ever dies i just use it wired permanently.

I know sounds odd but my steamlink is to far away to wire it to that, and im sitting right next to a wall outlet.