CPU Paste On Motherboard

Anthony_Baksteen

HI Guys,

I see now I have messed a small amount of Cpu past on the Motherboard do think this will cause any problem really don't want to take the cooler off again.

Here is an image attached

The Paste used is Corsair XTM50 I think is non Conductive, Please advise what you guys think?

IMG_20211113_023202.jpg

That's absolutely fine, there's no exposed traces there and as you said, most TIM is non-conductive so won't cause any probelms. 

Still, you could use a paper towel, q-tip or something similar with a little isopropyl alcohol to clean it up, but leaving it won't cause any problems. 

5 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

That's absolutely fine, there's no exposed traces there and as you said, most TIM is non-conductive so won't cause any probelms. 

Still, you could use a paper towel, q-tip or something similar with a little isopropyl alcohol to clean it up, but leaving it won't cause any problems. 

Tried to clean it with a qtip but just can't access that part without removing the cooler again. see image attached.

Thanks for the quick response. 

IMG_20211113_030234.jpg

1 minute ago, Anthony_Baksteen said:

Tried to clean it with a qtip but just can't access that part without removing the cooler again. see image attached.

Thanks for the quick response. 

IMG_20211113_030234.jpg

No worries, it's fine to just leave it then. You can clean it if you ever remove the cooler at some point.