FPS Gain by using High End RAM

I have a Gaming PC that I made around 4 years ago, its not the best PC possible but it was the best I was able to buy at that time. :D  Ive been upgrading it slowly over time but I have never upgraded the RAM so I was wondering... B) 

I Have a Phenom II 955 X4 3.2 Ghz Overclocked to 3.8 Ghz and a 

Sapphire HD 6870 OC from 900/1050 to 985/1200 on a

M4A79XTD EVO Asus MoBo :) 

I have never touched the RAM and I have 4 sticks of some cheap Transcend 2 Gig 1333Mhz Sticks for a total o 8 Gigs in my system.

How much performance increase will I get in Games if I put some High End Ram? :huh: 

We are all dead men walking...

not to much but it might be slightly noticeable if you get say 1600mhz ram but its almost not worth it. if you already have ram. at hand

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

i notice more stability in games rather than better performance

Character artist in the Games industry.

You will notice a minimal performance difference of less than around 5 fps. I wouldn't upgrade but if you have the money and want to upgrade I would recommend the CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233144

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Thank you all for the answers. I am not into video editing so ill upgrade something else.

We are all dead men walking...

yeah, considering that's an AM3+ board (correct?) I would drop a nice FX 8420 (steamroller) when they're released. or an 8320, it just got a massive price cut. the GPU seems decent, but that would be next after the CPU.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB