Samsung 980 pro vs samsung PM9A1

Minibeau

I've been looking into getting a m.2 pci-e gen 4 drive. I just found both of these drives, the PM9A1 being about 60 euro cheaper. I couldn't really find a difference between the 2 except for a bit lower random write speed but higher sequential write speed. I also know the PM9A1 is a OEM version, but according to the page i found it has the same amount of warranty. Does anyone here know if there is a downside for the PM9A1 compared to the 980 pro?

I'm planning on buying the 2tb version and using it for a linux install, some games and unity/unreal.

7 minutes ago, Minibeau said:

I've been looking into getting a m.2 pci-e gen 4 drive. I just found both of these drives, the PM9A1 being about 60 euro cheaper. I couldn't really find a difference between the 2 except for a bit lower random write speed but higher sequential write speed. I also know the PM9A1 is a OEM version, but according to the page i found it has the same amount of warranty. Does anyone here know if there is a downside for the PM9A1 compared to the 980 pro?

I'm planning on buying the 2tb version and using it for a linux install, some games and unity/unreal.

seems to be a 980 pro but for oems only and dosen't work with official samsung magician software

Main:

• CPU
    10700k 5ghz All core 47 ring ratio 1.275v
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z590 A Pro
  • RAM
    4x8 viper steel samsung bdie: 4200-17-17-30
  • GPU
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming Oc
  • Case
    O11 air mini
  • Storage
    970 Evo Plus 500gb OS, Sn550 1tb, 860 evo 500gb, 2tb MX500
  • PSU
    RM750x (2018)
  • Display(s)
    Acer Nitro vg272up, Kogan 24 1080 120hz
  • Cooling
    arctic 280aio, EK M.2 NVMe Heatsink on 970 evo plus

Second: 
    Cpu: i5-8400
    Cooling: ID-Cooling Frostflow 120x
    Ram: 2x8gb 2666 c16 hyperx fury, tuned the absolute balls out of it but def not stehble.
    Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-K
    Gpu: Igpu
    Case: Coolermaster MB311L

30 minutes ago, MingLee420 said:

seems to be a 980 pro but for oems only and dosen't work with official samsung magician software

yeah, that's what i found, guess i'll go for that one when black friday comes around

I have a PM981A, I got the for the half the price of a 970 Evo of the same capacity. I never had any problems with it, I also dont mind having to deal with one less software. You really dont need to get 980 Pro just because it has samsung magician support.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 hours ago, MingLee420 said:

Its more like 970 EVO, don't have PCI-e 4.0, only 3.0. @Minibeau

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT with custom 3D printed AIO mount, X62 | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15