Forza horizon 5 not installing when I press the button in Microsoft store

Tom_nerd

Good morning/afternoon/evening,

I recently bought Forza Horizon 5 and you have to download it on the Microsoft store/ Xbox store. Although, when I pressed the button, it asked for the install location (SSD or hard disk) but then it doesn't install. 

The attached video shows the error on both the Microsoft store and the Xbox app. 

thanks in advance,

Tom

Try open CMD as admin (search start menu for cmd and choose run as administrator).

Run command

wsreset.exe

See if it helped.

6 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

Try open CMD as admin (search start menu for cmd and choose run as administrator).

Run command

wsreset.exe

See if it helped.

I am having the same problem and it does not work for me. I have also tried resetting the store.

2 hours ago, Hay_bale said:

I am having the same problem and it does not work for me. I have also tried resetting the store.

Ok. I had troubles earlier and I contacted MS about it. If resetting or reinstalling store doesn't help (doesn't matter which) there is either a problem with your MS account on the PC or Windows itself.

So, first try to open CMD as I described above. Then run 

sfc /scannow

If it fixed something restart the PC, after you restarted or if it didn't fix anything run the following commands in sequence.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth

If the last one fixed anything reboot. Try the Windows Store. If you still have problems you can try to make a new local account and change that to MS account. It's important that you make the account local first. Then after you converted to a MS account try the Windows store. If that don't help.. there is something wrong with your Windows that can't be repaired and you need a clean install.

For me it helped a little bit to do the account thing, I was able to download from the store but still slightly low download speed. I reinstalled Windows and downloads became as they should be.

i have this same problem. after reading your path to a fix i’m wondering if it’s easier to just build a new PC. 

Is this normal for Xbox on PC or has FH5 gone so big it blew up all the servers?

9 hours ago, Slimejumper said:

i have this same problem. after reading your path to a fix i’m wondering if it’s easier to just build a new PC. 

Is this normal for Xbox on PC or has FH5 gone so big it blew up all the servers?

progress report. 

the admin wsreset command seemed to work and i was then able to resume the download at the Microsoft store, not the xbox app where the disaster happened. 

cheers