WebP does not appear to be supported

Nayr438
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

This should now be fixed. That includes previously uploaded images, although they may remain cached as 404 for a while.

Browser, version and OS: 

Arch Linux Firefox 94

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

Tried to Upload a WebP when creating a new Topic

What happened?

Forum showed it as successfully uploaded but the file could not be loaded.

What did you expect to happen?

For the WebP Image to be visible.

Issue:

(WebP Image)

1.thumb.webp.8056eedf53bf44108d20b73decaf14db.webp

1.webp.53b6f048bbe8ca41513adfb8d3439377.webp

The resource at “https://linustechtips.com/applications/core/interface/font/fontawesome-webfont.woff2?v=4.7.0” preloaded with link preload was not used within a few seconds. Make sure all attributes of the preload tag are set correctly.

also

Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Was that supported before latest update? IIRC the image format support has always been really strict and limited. I remember that WebM might not have been supported at all, or was added manually etc. Like the format iOS uses was not supported by previous version of forums.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Was that supported before latest update? IIRC the image format support has always been really strict and limited. I remember that WebM might not have been supported at all, or was added manually etc. Like the format iOS uses was not supported by previous version of forums.

I actually have no idea. WebP didn't start becoming a common format for me until recently.

This should now be fixed. That includes previously uploaded images, although they may remain cached as 404 for a while.

HTTP/2 203