GPU Fans Always On

Oshane D

Hi folks, new PC owner here. Built my PC back in the beginning of June 2021. My GPU is a GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS GP OC. Something that I have noticed is my GPU fans are literally always on. During research I found that most times the fans are apparently supposed to be off unless it reaches a certain temp. I live in a tropical climate and so my idle temps are 40c yet the fans are always spinning. Granted it is quiet but just still wondering if this is the norm. My CPU is an Ryzen 5 3600 so no integrated graphics. All graphical output is from my GPU. Would this be the reason or something else?  Any other information can be requested and I will try my best to provide it. Looking forward to some help 🙂

Didn't see anywhere on the product page claiming zero RPM fan mode. So most likely normal operation of the video card.

Not all GPUs have the silent fan operating modes.

That and 40c would be a temp where you want the fans running otherwise itll just run away with the temp until the fan kick on then bring the temp down and be constantly ramping up and down

8 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

Didn't see anywhere on the product page claiming zero RPM fan mode. So most likely normal operation of the video card.

Not all GPUs have the silent fan operating modes.

Oh good to know. I had read that some GPU fans are completely off until they reach a certain temperature but if that is not the case and my GPU just has the fans on naturally then that is perfectly fine

1 minute ago, emosun said:

That and 40c would be a temp where you want the fans running otherwise itll just run away with the temp until the fan kick on then bring the temp down and be constantly ramping up and down

I never thought of it like that. Thank you so much!

Thanks for the help guys. I guess my GPU is fine then lol