Low GPU Usage During Gameplay No Bottleneck

real0295

I recently got the Flow X13 and the XG Mobile Laptop 3080, but it feels like the graphic card is just "lazy" during games. I looked up the benchmarks from Jarrod's Tech The Smallest RTX 3080? ASUS XG Mobile Tested With Flow X13! - YouTube, and it looks like I should be getting ~440 fps in cs:go on an external monitor. However, when I fire the game up on my monitor, I only get ~250 fps and the GPU usage on NV overlay shows only 45% even when in the training area. This happens in all games, the gpu usage is just stuck at around 45%. (In destiny, the usage rises up to 90% when loading into a match, but quickly drops to 45% when it starts, and the fps is around ~100 fps during gameplay, this is at the lowest possible setting which gets me very disappointed)

There is no thermal throttling. I have tried to install many different versions of nv drivers, including the one provided by asus on their website which was really old, the low usage persisted. Flashed the last version of vbios on and it did not help with the problem either, so I flashed it back.

Curiously, there are no problems with the benchmarks at all, Time Spy, Furmark, and Userbenchmark all ran at 100% usage and returned expected results, so the problem is very unlikely to be the bottlenecks, throttling, and bloatwares, is there any other reason that leads to this kind of behavior? 

Here is Userbenchmark Asus ROG Flow X13 GV301QE_GV301QE Performance Results - UserBenchmark, Furmark at ~10400, and Time Spy at ~12000 combined and ~12500 graphics score.

image.png