PC was assaulted by apple juice

Acertech

Hey guys,

Soooo I was doing something around the room when my kiddo put his juice on the top of my pc, I was turned for maybe 3 minutes, when next minute I hear my PCs fans going off there head and the display turned off...
I rushed to turn it off and try to clean some of it up and unplugged everything I could but I think I may of failed, I unplugged my RAM sticks (only 1 was faulty) and the graphics card as well as my SSDs,

after leaving it over night before powering it back up she booted up again, but now every game I play can never get over 20FPS, I've tried KingdomCome Deliverance, GTA, MC, Cyberpunk and even Roblox!!!!

Anyone that could help would be good, if not that's okay.

I don't have the best rig, in fact some may not even call it a rig but with pricing the way it is right now, I really am trying to avoid new parts hahahaha!

GTX1070
Ryzen 7 1700

12GB RAM

64bit

Well I'd say - what did the liquid spill on?

Then I would say - maybe GPU got some powerstages fried and is running in cripple mode.. There's definitely something dead in the system, some power delivery components signed off. Maybe one the MoBo itself, maybe somewhere else.. Probably isn't PSU, that either works or doesn't. And if it doesn't, the system dies when you try to pull any sort of power..

I think you've fried a component or two. The only way to now what is to eliminate possible culprits. But yeah. You're definitely buying new parts. Sorry.

Is your graphics card still detected in your operating system? What does task manager look like when the games are running? 

1 hour ago, Acertech said:

don't have the best rig, in fact some may not even call it a rig but with pricing the way it is right now, I really am trying to avoid new parts hahahaha!

GTX1070
Ryzen 7 1700

12GB RAM

That's a pretty decent rig, imo...

What you should do is take the pc apart completely, clean *every* piece with 99% isopropyl alcohol,  gpu,  motherboard,  everything -- even submerging is fine , the isopropyl will get rid of the moisture and help against corrosion... then, let everything dry for 5-7 days. 

Maybe if fans etc also got "assaulted" replace these (cheap parts)

What you did, 1 day, and no proper cleaning is exactly how you kill the pc off for good, it may not be too late to do it properly (as per above)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

8 hours ago, Eww said:

Is your graphics card still detected in your operating system? What does task manager look like when the games are running? 

Yeah its still coming up in the Task Manager, playing Cyberpunk on high/med settings, has improved today after taking it apart again to give it a better clean but still feels like its not running right. 

Screenshot 2021-11-04 172754.png

10 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

That's a pretty decent rig, imo...

What you should do is take the pc apart completely, clean *every* piece with 99% isopropyl alcohol,  gpu,  motherboard,  everything -- even submerging is fine , the isopropyl will get rid of the moisture and help against corrosion... then, let everything dry for 5-7 days. 

Maybe if fans etc also got "assaulted" replace these (cheap parts)

What you did, 1 day, and no proper cleaning is exactly how you kill the pc off for good, it may not be too late to do it properly (as per above)

That is good advice. In a pinch the OP can use clear Rubbing Alcohol if he can't find the 100%.