Download Torrent on other PC

MrFluffyPants

Hey there Guys,

I have 2 PC's in my home that are both hooked up to the cable, the one downstairs I use as sorta my NAS, It runs Windows 8.

The other PC is my gaming PC. I use the PC downstairs trough remote desktop to control it. Now I would like it if I was able to search for a torrent on my Gaming PC and then have the option to let it download on the other PC and store it there as well. Is it possible to do without having to remote control the PC downstairs every time. Let me know.

<3 

PC: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.3GHZ | Corsair H100i | ASUS ROG Maximus IV Hero | ASUS R9 280X DCII TOP 3GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHZ | Samsung Evo 250GB | 2TB Seagate Baracudda | Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed

Hey there Guys,

I have 2 PC's in my home that are both hooked up to the cable, the one downstairs I use as sorta my NAS, It runs Windows 8.

The other PC is my gaming PC. I use the PC downstairs trough remote desktop to control it. Now I would like it if I was able to search for a torrent on my Gaming PC and then have the option to let it download on the other PC and store it there as well. Is it possible to do without having to remote control the PC downstairs every time. Let me know.

<3 

Transmission, I think, let's you do that, through a web interface.

http://www.transmissionbt.com/

i'm a potato

Hey there Guys,

<3 

I think you can set up the other pc to act as a network drive and just download and do what ever to it. 

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

I think you can set up the other pc to act as a network drive and just download and do what ever to it. 

But that means that I still download the file from my gaming PC. This means putting pressure on my gaming PC's connection 

PC: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.3GHZ | Corsair H100i | ASUS ROG Maximus IV Hero | ASUS R9 280X DCII TOP 3GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHZ | Samsung Evo 250GB | 2TB Seagate Baracudda | Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed

Transmission, I think, let's you do that, through a web interface.

http://www.transmissionbt.com/

Should I install it on the 'NAS' or on my Gaming pc?

Thing to note both running windows

But that means that I still download the file from my gaming PC. This means putting pressure on my gaming PC's connection

They're both going through the same router to get to the internet though, so unless your desktop is on some flaky 2mbps wireless connection (which would be terribad anyway) what difference does it make?

They're both going through the same router to get to the internet though, so unless your desktop is on some flaky 2mbps wireless connection (which would be terribad anyway) what difference does it make?

The NAS gets a 120Mbps connection and my PC only around 60. Thats why

Should I install it on the 'NAS' or on my Gaming pc?

Thing to note both running windows

The nas, then you write the ip address of the nas folowed by ":9091" and it takes you to the web interface.

i'm a potato

The nas, then you write the ip address of the nas folowed by ":9091" and it takes you to the web interface.

Can It be run on windows then? 

The NAS gets a 120Mbps connection and my PC only around 60. Thats why

Are they on different internet connections then or is the NAS just wired and the gaming PC is wireless?

Are they on different internet connections then or is the NAS just wired and the gaming PC is wireless?

The Gaming PC is connected to a powerline adapter :(

The NAS is wired straight to the Router

Can It be run on windows then? 

Oficially, no. But there are ports, like this one: http://sourceforge.net/projects/trqtw/, that have the same features.

EDIT: I did some more research and BitTorrent also has one: http://www.bittorrent.com/intl/pt/help/guides/bittorrent-webui

i'm a potato

Oficially, no. But there are ports, like this one: http://sourceforge.net/projects/trqtw/, that have the same features.

EDIT: I did some more research and BitTorrent also has one: http://www.bittorrent.com/intl/pt/help/guides/bittorrent-webui

Let me get the non Portuguese version of this. Thanks :) 

Sorry  :wacko: , I didn't notice that...

i'm a potato

http://www.bittorrent.com/help/guides/bittorrent-webui

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

I might be really stupid right now but I don't know what to fill in here

wlsoyrj.jpg

The bittorrent site is not very clear to me :P

Nevermind that last one. Got it working :P