GPU usage spiking from 0 to 100 and certain games crashing

JordanH015

Hey all I have been having an issue with some games where my GPU usage drop to zero then spike to 100% usage then my game will stutter then my games crash to desktop. What's odd is that it isn't all games. I can play CS:GO, Risk Of Rain 2, Bloons TD6, Loop Hero and Terraria. The 4 games that have been giving me this trouble are Solasta Crown Of The Magister, Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous, Stolen Realms, and Book Of Travels. I should also mention that I can't get through Heaven 4.0 either. It will start for a few seconds stutter then either black screen and not respond or just outright crash to desktop. 

I have tried rolling back Nvidia drivers, I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers after using DDU. I changed my RAM speed back to stock didn't help, So i'm not sure what else it could be. I've installed Malwarebytes and scanned my computer I am clean of any crypto miners or malware of any kind. I would rather not fresh install windows but i suppose that is still an option. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The picture i provided is what it looks like in task manager when the usage spikes then the game crashes. I do have HWinfo but I don't even know what to look for since there is voltages, clock speeds. fan speeds etc. Not really sure exactly what to look for. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Build

RTX 2060 Super FE

AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Gigabyte B450I Aorus Pro Wifi

Adata SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 550 GM PSU

16 GB XPG Z1 DDR4 RAM

Book of travels crashing.png

1 hour ago, JordanH015 said:

Hey all I have been having an issue with some games where my GPU usage drop to zero then spike to 100% usage then my game will stutter then my games crash to desktop. What's odd is that it isn't all games. I can play CS:GO, Risk Of Rain 2, Bloons TD6, Loop Hero and Terraria. The 4 games that have been giving me this trouble are Solasta Crown Of The Magister, Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous, Stolen Realms, and Book Of Travels. I should also mention that I can't get through Heaven 4.0 either. It will start for a few seconds stutter then either black screen and not respond or just outright crash to desktop. 

I have tried rolling back Nvidia drivers, I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers after using DDU. I changed my RAM speed back to stock didn't help, So i'm not sure what else it could be. I've installed Malwarebytes and scanned my computer I am clean of any crypto miners or malware of any kind. I would rather not fresh install windows but i suppose that is still an option. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The picture i provided is what it looks like in task manager when the usage spikes then the game crashes. I do have HWinfo but I don't even know what to look for since there is voltages, clock speeds. fan speeds etc. Not really sure exactly what to look for. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Build

RTX 2060 Super FE

AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Gigabyte B450I Aorus Pro Wifi

Adata SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 550 GM PSU

16 GB XPG Z1 DDR4 RAM

Book of travels crashing.png

I would check to see if there's any games used all share a similar game engine.

I know for a fact that Unity doesn't play well with certain laptop models, namely machines with a mobile 1060. Had three just... up and shut down due to some kernel power management error thing. Be interesting to see if this happens much the same here.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

On 11/2/2021 at 11:40 PM, Imglidinhere said:

I would check to see if there's any games used all share a similar game engine.

I know for a fact that Unity doesn't play well with certain laptop models, namely machines with a mobile 1060. Had three just... up and shut down due to some kernel power management error thing. Be interesting to see if this happens much the same here.

This is what I initially thought since all 4 games that crash on me are made in Unity. However after testing Heaven 4.0 that also crashes so i figured it is not isolated to just Unity games. 

1 hour ago, JordanH015 said:

This is what I initially thought since all 4 games that crash on me are made in Unity. However after testing Heaven 4.0 that also crashes so i figured it is not isolated to just Unity games. 

LOL I was going to ask if they were Unity Engine games!

Does event viewer show anything?

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260