Static noise/beeping from monitor power supply.

Chucky-007

Hey guys! My power supply or the "box" to my monitor, whatever it's called is beeping/making a static sound. And it's pretty annoying at night so I just wondered if anyone could know why?

Thanks!

Sounds kinda intersting yeah might be a faulty conducter inside of it or something yeah replacing might be an option altough wait how frequently is it making that sound and when after heavy load or just randomly?

38 minutes ago, Cool Dude 101 said:

What kind of monitor do you have?

I have a Samsung Odyssey g5, but the thing is i have 2 of them but only one of them does it that loud. I can hear a bit of noise from the other one if I put my ear on it but otherwise quiet.

26 minutes ago, ItsDestini said:

Sounds kinda intersting yeah might be a faulty conducter inside of it or something yeah replacing might be an option altough wait how frequently is it making that sound and when after heavy load or just randomly?

I noticed that it isn't as loud or as noticible when it's on. It gets louder when off.

INtersitng wait how can you get a sound if its off??Maybe you didnt put in the power cable fully on and then its making those sounds try seeing if the cable is put on properly if that doesnt help Ill try thinking about some other solutions but yess

10 hours ago, ItsDestini said:

INtersitng wait how can you get a sound if its off??Maybe you didnt put in the power cable fully on and then its making those sounds try seeing if the cable is put on properly if that doesnt help Ill try thinking about some other solutions but yess

It's in all the way but when i turn the pc off the noise gets louder somehow.

8 hours ago, Cool Dude 101 said:

Or possibly the capacitors, which is not harmful. 

well thanks, imma try to fix it.

• 5 months later...

i have same issue too , you did fix or ...?