GPU DRIVER MODDING TO CHANGE DRIVER VERSION

barimanis900

Hey all,

I have a laptop with a GT920M, I know it's not powerful however it does the job just fine and I can play most games at 60fps in 720p (and some in 1080). I'm a die-hard plane enthusiast and I like to fly sims on my free time. Currently, I believe the best sim is X-Plane 11. I can run it at 1080p with alot of settings at high (I've tried reducing the graphics and resolution. No impact on FPS) I get around 20-30 FPS with default aircraft but around 10 in advanced add-on aircraft with alot of systems. The simulator needs a minimum of 20FPS constant to run the real-time-physics at full speed. I can run the sim in vulkan and it's said to improve FPS greatly. The only problem for me is that the latest drivers for my GPU aren't ver. 440 or above, and the game has a limit on the drivers and so I can't run it with vulkan.

TLDR:

Is there a way to modify my drivers to make the system thing it's running version 448 or something when in reality it's not? (Not changing drivers itself)

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

that's not how that works. they don't just pick and arbitrary number when they talk about required drivers, it's because that version has things that are REQUIRED to run vulkan at all. Spoofing it would either tank your FPS or just crash the game.

also as someone who used to play X-Plane 11, no Vulkan isn't a magical solution that will give better frame rates, i didn't notice a difference at all when i tested it

Also, MSFS2020 is significant'y better in pretty much everyway except for currently available payware.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒