Do GPU's Temperatures while under load increase the older they get?

jxdzi

I have had my 8gb RX 570 for about 15 months, When i first got it for about 3 months i didnt touch any settings and it wasn't at all too loud, i started messing with fan curves at some point and all was well for a long time, but in recent months i have been running into temperature problems in a large proportion of games, i either run the fans loud enough to burst my ear drums or run my gpu hot enough to cook a full course meal on it (upwards of 85 degrees) I'm not sure whether there is a lot of dust on the heat sink, dried up thermal compound or if it is a defect. If none of those which i will likely never find out, do gpus slowly become more incapable of handling load over time?spacer.png

If youve been running it hot for 15 months trying to keep noise down instead of just keeping the gpu as cool as possible then yeah the paste can dry up quicker

Just now, emosun said:

If youve been running it hot for 15 months trying to keep noise down instead of just keeping the gpu as cool as possible then yeah the paste can dry up quicker

i'd say for the most part when i started messing with settings in most games it was 60°C - 75°C before the past 3 or so months when its been getting increasingly hotter

12 minutes ago, emosun said:

Yeah a full year of 75c will do it

Yeah rip, it has lasted me well for how cheap i got it on sale, just got to see it out until i can get a 30 series

7 minutes ago, Caroline said:

probably both dust + dried paste

repaste it with MX-4 or AS5, both work wonders. you should try undervolting as well, can drop your temps a lot, even from 85 to 55-60 if your case airflow is enough. it's done using the tuning settings in the drivers control panel.

I have been relying on undervolting in order to keep it reasonable, but undervolting tends to lead to a lot of crashing so i

have had to stop it for a while, i'd love to re thermal paste it and that but i would 100% mess it up 

image.png.f373799d92b43fea5eb9f753da30e804.pngI do have pretty good airflow yet my gpu still struggles