Need help with choosing a good headset

Tetoris

My Corsair HS70 Pro broke recently and I have about 120E to replace them. I don't want to get the same pair again because this is the second pair that breaks on me, so I'd like to try something else. 

- I work with music on a regular basis so I'd like something that's good for music (sorry if that's too vague I don't really know that much about headphones) and I also game quite a lot so something with good sound stage would be good (I don't mean a dedicated mode for 7.1, I want them to be able to give me good positional feedback)

- I plan to use them with my desktop computer, so console support isn't a must but I'd like to be able to use them with my laptop. 

- The headphones need to be wireless (Now that I've tried a wireless pair, I don't think I can go back to cables lol)

- Bluetooth and/or 3.5mm jack connectivity would be a nice extra, though not nescessary.

Some options that I'm currently considering are: SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless, JBL Quantum 600

Thank you for your time,

Tetoris

IMO it is more worth buying a dedicated pair of headphones and a dedicated microphone. For the same price of 100 USD like the Corsair HS70 costs you could get MUCH better quality in terms of audio and probably in terms of build as well since you stated that they have broken on you twice now. It really depends on what you like as well. Do you like headphones with a lot of bass? or sound to be as clear as possible? Do you live in a place where noise is an issue and you want to isolate yourself? or do you live alone where noise leaking is not an issue? Also wireless is just going to cost you extra and something i wouldn't recommend if you are on a budget. Wires can be a hassle sure but that also means they can be easily replaced which means longer use for your headphones. 

Now audio is a tricky subject because it really depends what you want. If you want purely bang for your buck i can easily recommend Koss Porta Pro. They are insane value and on sale at the time of writing this. If those are too ugly or uncomfortable looking to you I would recommend the AKG K240 Studio headphones. Without getting too technical they provide great Imaging and soundstage for gaming. Although they lack a bit of bass since they are used for studio use. They also support a replaceable cable which is great for long the long term. you also stated you work with music often these are also great for that. Do bear in mind that these are a bit hard to drive("drive" means the amount of juice they need to put out good volume) and you might need an Dac/Amp if you want to get the proper volume out of the headphones. 

In terms of Microphone it also depends how you would want that set up. The simplest thing here is a USB plug and play microphone. I personally use the Marantz Pro Complete Podcast KIt for only 40 dollars on amazon and it has been an amazing value for me. If you want something cheaper with a desk mount you could go with the Fifine Metal Condenser Mic

If none of that tickles your fancy and you still want to go with a headset with good sound quality and a decent microphone check out the HyperX Cloud II I bought these over 3 years ago and they still work good, the microphone is detachable and has a USB adapter for computers OR just use the 3.5mm jack it comes with. 

26 minutes ago, JordanH015 said:

IMO it is more worth buying a dedicated pair of headphones and a dedicated microphone. For the same price of 100 USD like the Corsair HS70 costs you could get MUCH better quality in terms of audio and probably in terms of build as well since you stated that they have broken on you twice now. It really depends on what you like as well. Do you like headphones with a lot of bass? or sound to be as clear as possible? Do you live in a place where noise is an issue and you want to isolate yourself? or do you live alone where noise leaking is not an issue? Also wireless is just going to cost you extra and something i wouldn't recommend if you are on a budget. Wires can be a hassle sure but that also means they can be easily replaced which means longer use for your headphones. 

Now audio is a tricky subject because it really depends what you want. If you want purely bang for your buck i can easily recommend Koss Porta Pro. They are insane value and on sale at the time of writing this. If those are too ugly or uncomfortable looking to you I would recommend the AKG K240 Studio headphones. Without getting too technical they provide great Imaging and soundstage for gaming. Although they lack a bit of bass since they are used for studio use. They also support a replaceable cable which is great for long the long term. you also stated you work with music often these are also great for that. Do bear in mind that these are a bit hard to drive("drive" means the amount of juice they need to put out good volume) and you might need an Dac/Amp if you want to get the proper volume out of the headphones. 

In terms of Microphone it also depends how you would want that set up. The simplest thing here is a USB plug and play microphone. I personally use the Marantz Pro Complete Podcast KIt for only 40 dollars on amazon and it has been an amazing value for me. If you want something cheaper with a desk mount you could go with the Fifine Metal Condenser Mic

If none of that tickles your fancy and you still want to go with a headset with good sound quality and a decent microphone check out the HyperX Cloud II I bought these over 3 years ago and they still work good, the microphone is detachable and has a USB adapter for computers OR just use the 3.5mm jack it comes with. 

I already have a Blue Snowball and it's been serving me pretty well for about 5-6 years now. The Koss isn't really my style and about the AKG ones, I am currently wearing my Dad's AKG K271 Studio Headphones as a placeholder for my new ones and I don't really like the feel of them. Noise in my living space isn't really an issue and I kind of prefer punchy bass with clear audio. Noise leaking would be kind of annoying. If I were to use a headset with a cable, could I buy a pair of Sennheiser HD 559's for just a bit extra?

If you don't want noise leaking in/out, you want to go with the 569's.  IIRC, the other 500's series are all open-back; the 569's are closed back.