buy used gpu rtx 3080 tuf

cHaTrAp

As the title say i am about to buy a used Asus GeForce RTX 3080 Rog Strix OC 10GB
for
813,87 dollar i am going to met the person in irl

so My question is should i buy it? and if yes what should i check before taking the card so i know its not a scam

any help is appreciated :)

you should demand to see it in action, that's the only way to be sure. bring a setup in the trunk of your car with an extension cord to plug into a wall at the business you meet at (for example). or house. or whatever. trying it out is the only way to know if you don't already know what to look for. otherwise google detailed images of the GPU model and print them out for reference. the only way you're getting a real 3080 for only $100 over MSRP is if the person has no idea what they are selling. very unlikely. 

That sounds like a good deal and picking up is usually the safest way to find out if it's legit or not.

Be sure to be able to test it on the spot, either with his PC or bring your own, rather than just picking it up at let's say a parking lot and assuming it will work.

Unfortunately there's no real way to find out if it has been mined with. I suggest running Furmark to test its full potential and see if there's any errors. Maybe even some game to see if the fps and load is hitting like it should.

As for the card itself, check for any marks to see if it ever has been taken apart. That could be done to replace the cooling paste or for watercooling, but also for other things.

21 minutes ago, FRD said:

Unfortunately there's no real way to find out if it has been mined with.

not that it matters?

physically, you can only check if it's been dropped or any obvious physical damages

i suggest watching it work before purchase

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just make sure you don't get robbed.

Meet the seller in a public place with lots of people such as a mall.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

800 bucks is a lot of money I would want to test it first.
I sold my old rig last week and I let him come pick it up at my place and he got to test it before he handed me the money.