Need Advice on High End Graphics Cards

Go to solution Solved by Tea1337,

The difference between the 780ti and the titan black is the 3GB of Vram, the titan also has double precision. If you do motion graphic videos the titan will suit your needs.

Hello,

I'm pretty much a beginner when it comes to PC Components and was wondering if someone could helpme choose the right graphics card for what I do.

When I first picked out my components I took advice fro the wrong people and now my friend who's kind of into this stuff is telling me I could have got a lot more for my money. I have two Gigabyte GTX 760's in an SLI configuration however one of the fans, on one of the cards was burnt when one of the "wrong people", who helped build my PC plugged in a firewire lead into the motherboard when my motherboard dosent support it, so I want a new graphics card anyway.

I was thinking about going for the Titan Black Edition after being told it would be perfect for gaming and creating motion graphic videos. But i've also heard that the 780Ti is pretty much the same thing and that's a big difference in price!

What one should I go for? And if niether are a good idea, what should I look for with a workstation PC?

All help and answers are deeply appreciated!!

The difference between the 780ti and the titan black is the 3GB of Vram, the titan also has double precision. If you do motion graphic videos the titan will suit your needs.

780ti is better for gaming

the titan is designed to offer better computer/rending performance, if you need that than this is why the titan is more money

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Don't get the titan for gaming. Its not a gaming card and even for production the 780ti is almost as good for a bunch less money. 

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

Don't get the titan for gaming. Its not a gaming card and even for production the 780ti is almost as good for a bunch less money.

Actually,the performance of the 780 Ti is severely crippled deliberately by Nvidia.

If I were you I would get the Titan Black, if you really are doing heavy rendering and using Cuda-accelerated applications.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Thankyou all for your help! :)

I gues I'll be getting the Titan Black.

Actually,the performance of the 780 Ti is severely crippled deliberately by Nvidia.

If I were you I would get the Titan Black, if you really are doing heavy rendering and using Cuda-accelerated applications.

There is also the limiting factor of the reference cooler. So for me it's kind of a toss up between the two.

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory