Windows 11 question

Haven_Alpha

So I got the notification that I can upgrade to windows 11, but I have seen some videos that say that the fps on the windows 11 will be worse.

What do I do? Do I upgrade?

Do I wait for the fps and bugs to get fixed, or that isn't happening?

Just now, CCWong said:

Why do you feel the need to upgrade?

I've been running the Dev branch of Windows 11 for a few months now, and I've noticed pretty serious performance degradation in games.

I just wanted something new. Do you think the performance issues will get fixed?

8 minutes ago, Haven_Alpha said:

I just wanted something new. Do you think the performance issues will get fixed?

Eventually? Yes.

But dont be the beta tester for MS. That's their damn job and they're doing it poorly.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

18 minutes ago, Haven_Alpha said:

So I got the notification that I can upgrade to windows 11, but I have seen some videos that say that the fps on the windows 11 will be worse.

Nobody needs to upgrade any version of windows until they themselves have a significant reason to do so. 

If you cannot think of a reason then you dont need it.

15 minutes ago, Haven_Alpha said:

If you have to ask a question like this you don't need to upgrade. 

That being said, as someone running it, what performance issues? 

15 minutes ago, emosun said:

Nobody needs to upgrade any version of windows until they themselves have a significant reason to do so. 

I'm still rockin' windows 7.  Works great...

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

FWIW, if you're talking about the AMD bugs, those have been fixed.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

52 minutes ago, Haven_Alpha said:

No reason to upgrade unless you like the new look and want to start fresh. The performance issues with AMD were fixed and as for FPS in general, I'm getting the same or in some cases more FPS on Win 11. I would adives against upgrading through Windows update though. You are better off with a fresh install.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

28 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

I'm still rockin' windows 7.  Works great...

Same

8 hours ago, emosun said:

I mainly upgraded for AutoHDR, I play a lot of The Crew 2 and it really helps make the game feel that bit more realistic.  Some might say too much, as when its dark its REALLY dark, realistically so (games always tend to go for lighter so it doesn't hinder gameplay).

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7