Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened? N/A

What happened?

The cancellation message box doesn't make sense

What did you expect to happen?

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: N/A

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

bug.png.cedd282f6815aaa985f55e7f1607bd53.png

Any other relevant details:

Not sure if this is a theme mistake or a forum software error but this makes no sense. It should say "Are you sure you want to cancel? Your changes won't be saved if you do."

Yes, I have mild OCD 😄

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Browser, version and OS: N/A

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened? N/A

What happened?

The cancellation message box doesn't make sense

What did you expect to happen?

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: N/A

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

bug.png.cedd282f6815aaa985f55e7f1607bd53.png

Any other relevant details:

Not sure if this is a theme mistake or a forum software error but this makes no sense. It should say "Are you sure you want to cancel? Your changes won't be saved if you do."

Yes, I have mild OCD 😄

I have some OCD too, but this makes grammatical sense, I don't see any issues. your example is just the two parts of the phrase reversed, still makes the same point though

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

I'm not sure I understand the problem, that message seems pretty clear to me...

Its more of a logic thing. The message implies the changes have been lost before it asks if you really want to quit. If you click no then your changes are reverted.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

7 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

I have some OCD too, but this makes grammatical sense, I don't see any issues. your example is just the two parts of the phrase reversed, still makes the same point though

Nah, have =/= will 🙂

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Nah, have =/= will 🙂

that makes no sense, but the two parts of the phrase that the post was about weren't dependent on the order the same way as you rearranging words outside of grammar

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Its more of a logic thing. The message implies the changes have been lost before it asks if you really want to quit. If you click no then your changes are reverted.

it doesn't say the changes have been lost, it says they haven't been saved. This implies that continuing will lose them, which gives context for the next phrase questioning if they want to continue that potential course of action. I'd argue that switching it around would lose that context and many might see are you sure you want to continue and click ok without reading further and understanding the risk of their action. 

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

8 hours ago, Jtalk4456 said:

that makes no sense, but the two parts of the phrase that the post was about weren't dependent on the order the same way as you rearranging words outside of grammar

it doesn't say the changes have been lost, it says they haven't been saved. This implies that continuing will lose them, which gives context for the next phrase questioning if they want to continue that potential course of action. I'd argue that switching it around would lose that context and many might see are you sure you want to continue and click ok without reading further and understanding the risk of their action. 

I realise that sometimes I have a very weird way of explaining things. Lets ignore the second half of the message (the "Click OK to continue" part), its inconsequential as is the order in which the 2 sentences are displayed.

The simplest way I can think of explaining is the difference between...

Your changes have not been saved <-- This is saying the action has taken place

or

Your changes will not be saved if you click OK <-- This is letting you know of a pending action

Remember, at the point where that message is showing up it's asking if you want to cancel without changing anything, any changes haven't been lost until I click OK.

1 hour ago, gremlicious said:

you know, i'd say if we're at the point where this is an "issue", this place is in pretty good shape

Its only an issue because my brain is wired a bit differently to everyone else's, the problem is now that I've noticed it I'll never be able to un-notice it 😄

IMO, "Are you sure you want to cancel?" would be pretty self explanatory. If I'm clicking "Cancel" while editing a post, I know my changes wouldn't be saved cuz I clicked "Cancel", and it should only be confirming it with a yes or no.

Take a look at this:

You're editing your post. 

You make the necessary changes. <-- Not saved here

You click save to have it reflect in your post. <-- Saved here

But if you click cancel,

You're editing a post. 

You make changes. <-- Not saved here. So, "Your changes have not been saved" is true.

You click Cancel. <-- Not saved here. Again, "Your changes have not been saved" is true.

You click "Yes". <-- Here is where you lose changes.

So, both of the statements are correct. Just that your proposed text tells exactly when you'll lose the changes, and the current one tells about the present status. Your 

5 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

any changes haven't been lost until I click OK.

But they haven't been saved too?

I think I lost a couple braincells thinking of this xD

"Coding skill isn’t about knowing how to make things; It’s about being able to find the right Stack Overflow code to copy paste."

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

On 10/28/2021 at 11:20 PM, Master Disaster said:

It is logical though. 

Your changes have not been saved (... yet) 

You do not need the "yet" to make grammatically and logical senes.

The pop up simple warns you your changes are not saved yet and if you are sure to continue...

This only makes sense if you accidentally pressed cancel,  but then it makes a *lot* of sense.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I'd phrase it something like this:

image.png.492700b85d9de5c34d6d01a295768ee5.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

2 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

I'd phrase it something like this:

image.png.492700b85d9de5c34d6d01a295768ee5.png

I like that, but it would be better to say "Do you wish to continue editing?" As second sentence  

"To do this" is kind of confusing and "...wish to continue editing?" would also be more coherent with the choices that follow.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity