Looking for feedback on my next new PC!

Lilipendo

Budget (including currency): USD$2500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 3Ds Max, Maya, Blender, Zbrush, Substance (Designer/Painter), Unity, Unreal Engine. Games: Cyberpunk 2077, Horizon Zero Down (among others)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi!
I would like to get some feedback from you about the components that I chose for my new PC. From the old PC I just have an 1TB SSD. About the resolution that I want to play is 2k at least. I don't care much about gaming but for work and studies, A nice performance in games it's just a plus.
PSU: Corsair RMx series RM750x 750W Black 100v/240v
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x 4.8 Ghz Am4
Motherboard: Mother Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming
RAM: G.skill Tridentz Rgb Series 32gb(4x8gb) 3600mhz
GPU: Nvidia Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3060 12GB
Cooling: Watercooling Asus Rog Strix Lc 240 Rgb
Storage: SSD Crucial BX500 1TB (I have this one) +  1TB Blue Wd Western Digital
Case: Sentey T20 T20-SF

I don't really trust on the GPU because of the of the price, It's seems like it's pretty good, but very cheap in comparision to other ones.
Is the Asus Rog Strix 3060 12GB better than the RTX 3070 8GB? Should I go for a TI model? I'm really confused haha 

20 minutes ago, Lilipendo said:

Is the Asus Rog Strix 3060 12GB better than the RTX 3070 8GB? Should I go for a TI model? I'm really confused haha 

... The bigger the 3rd number, the better. Those with TI or Super is better than those with the same number but without Super or Ti, still worse than those with bigger number. You can just google this you know

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

17 minutes ago, Lilipendo said:

It has more VRAM, but that's its only advantage. Unless you're doing really large Blender projects or dealing with very intensive video formats, the extra VRAM probably won't help. The 3060Ti/3070 are both much better GPUs if you can get your hands on them within your price range. Within a certain series (30 series for example) the higher the number the better the card, with the sub models going nothing, Super, Ti for performance in that order. 

For the rest of the system, The cooler is probably overprice, a good air cooler like the Sythe Fuma 2 or Noctua NH-D15 is probably similar in performance or better while being more reliable and cheaper. For the memory, make sure you're getting CL16 rather than the more typical and cheaper CL18. Everything else is fine

I will check the 3060TI/3070 then.
There was quite a price difference between the one I chose and those, so I wanted to know if it was worth it, even with less VRAM.
Thanks!

40 minutes ago, Lilipendo said:

Budget (including currency): USD$2500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 3Ds Max, Maya, Blender, Zbrush, Substance (Designer/Painter), Unity, Unreal Engine. Games: Cyberpunk 2077, Horizon Zero Down (among others)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi!
I would like to get some feedback from you about the components that I chose for my new PC. From the old PC I just have an 1TB SSD. About the resolution that I want to play is 2k at least. I don't care much about gaming but for work and studies, A nice performance in games it's just a plus.
PSU: Corsair RMx series RM750x 750W Black 100v/240v
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x 4.8 Ghz Am4
Motherboard: Mother Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming
GPU: Nvidia Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3060 12GB
Storage: SSD Crucial BX500 1TB (I have this one) +  1TB Blue Wd Western Digital

I don't really trust on the GPU because of the of the price, It's seems like it's pretty good, but very cheap in comparision to other ones.

having a ryzen 9!! for 3060ti/3070!!

i would recomed a ryzen 7 5700x

and for gpu a rx6600xt or rx6700xt

they have exclusive features like resizable bar support

Pls Mark a solution as a solution, would be really helpful.

BTW pls correct me, iam really stoobid at times.

59 minutes ago, my name is guru iam tech said:

having a ryzen 9!! for 3060ti/3070!!

i would recomed a ryzen 7 5700x

and for gpu a rx6600xt or rx6700xt

they have exclusive features like resizable bar support

But they actually do work like Blender. If this was exclusively a gaming rig, then yeah, but they actually have a reason to use the extra cores.

As for the GPU, again they do work with their system, and CUDA and all the other renderers available on Nvidia cards are very useful and will help. The AMD Blender renderer is garbage IIRC. 

Plus, Nvidia cards do have resizable BAR support, you just might have to do a firmware update to use it if you get an older card. 

I was going to buy a Ryzen 9 because it is a long term purchase, with the GPU I can't do the same because they are too expensive, there is a lot of difference between each one.
Thanks for the suggestions!

11 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

But they actually do work like Blender. If this was exclusively a gaming rig, then yeah, but they actually have a reason to use the extra cores.

As for the GPU, again they do work with their system, and CUDA and all the other renderers available on Nvidia cards are very useful and will help. The AMD Blender renderer is garbage IIRC. 

Plus, Nvidia cards do have resizable BAR support, you just might have to do a firmware update to use it if you get an older card. 

That's why I also opted for AMD and not Intel, it's better for rendering because of the number of cores and threads.
Very useful! Thank u!

since you will game. what is the resolution you will game at?

3060/3060 Ti will be good for 1080p but if you are trying to max settings + high fps on 1440p you wont be able to do that. so 3070+ is the right card for that

and from the prices in my country the 3070 same price as 3070 Ti 😄 so no one buy normal 3070 anymore

31 minutes ago, 1988fido said:

since you will game. what is the resolution you will game at?

3060/3060 Ti will be good for 1080p but if you are trying to max settings + high fps on 1440p you wont be able to do that. so 3070+ is the right card for that

and from the prices in my country the 3070 same price as 3070 Ti 😄 so no one buy normal 3070 anymore

I would like to buy a 2k monitor, and be able to run the games in high quality, but I'm not looking to run them in max settings (like ultra or epic).
I should look for a 3070ti then!

15 minutes ago, Lilipendo said:

I would like to buy a 2k monitor, and be able to run the games in high quality, but I'm not looking to run them in max settings (like ultra or epic).
I should look for a 3070ti then!

you check benchmarks for the games you like to play on 3060/3060 Ti and the 3070.

60FPS high to medium settings i believe is doable in 3060 Ti @1440p but that is cutting it close and no headroom for higher quality games. so I believe the 3070 or higher is the right card for 1440p but anyway checking YouTube for benchmarks is the best thing to do to be sure you get what you expect.

2 hours ago, 1988fido said:

you check benchmarks for the games you like to play on 3060/3060 Ti and the 3070.

60FPS high to medium settings i believe is doable in 3060 Ti @1440p but that is cutting it close and no headroom for higher quality games. so I believe the 3070 or higher is the right card for 1440p but anyway checking YouTube for benchmarks is the best thing to do to be sure you get what you expect.

I had seen rendering benchmarks but now I saw some game benchmarks too.
Better the 3070ti to ensure that all games can be in high quality, and some exceptions in medium quality 🙌 Anyway, the 3070ti is going to be better for me for work as well.
Thanks!

5 hours ago, Lilipendo said:

Tridentz neo would be a better overclocker, but if you dont care about ram tuning then go for a cheap 3200mhz cl16 kit like silicon power turbine rgb (~120$ 32gb)

Overpriced trash, just go for a thicc single tower like mugen 5 or dual tower like fuma 2, if you insist on the aio then go for a liquid freezer 240

Looks like a bad airflow case, go for a p400a digital or for a cheaper option kolink observatory lite or montech x1

Otherwise seems ok

16 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Tridentz neo would be a better overclocker, but if you dont care about ram tuning then go for a cheap 3200mhz cl16 kit like silicon power turbine rgb (~120$ 32gb)

Overpriced trash, just go for a thicc single tower like mugen 5 or dual tower like fuma 2, if you insist on the aio then go for a liquid freezer 240

Looks like a bad airflow case, go for a p400a digital or for a cheaper option kolink observatory lite or montech x1

Otherwise seems ok

I will go for a CL16 ram and the Sythe Fuma 2 (also recommended by RONOTHAN##)
And the truth is that the cases look better quality! The p4000a Digital looks really good
Thanks for the suggestions!